The Roland Special

JSGlock34

My Roland Special. Just needs the new RCS holster to ride in.

Glock 19 GEN4 (Custom work by ATEi)
KKM Barrel with compensator
RCS Freya Magwell
Triicon RM06
Surefire X300U-A
Ameriglo Supressor Sights

attachment.php

attachment.php

JSGlock34

I picked up my Raven Concealment Systems Roland Special Phantom Holster from Jimmy at F3 Tactical today. As I mentioned earlier, my Roland Special did not work well with my particular RCS Phantom for the G34, which would push the slide out of battery. I had visited F3 to see if another RCS Phantom for the G34 was more accommodating, as the RCS Custom Shop has not been taking new orders recently. Jimmy mentioned that RCS was planning a special limited run of Roland holsters, and I reserved one on the spot.

This limited edition is a premium holster option for the Roland owner. The holster is pricey, but comes with a number of different RCS attachment accessories (standard belt loops, the pancake 'wings', a set of Quick Mount Straps, and the new Drop and Offset attachment). Retention was very positive, seemingly more so than my other Phantoms. I won't be able to get the holster to the range until after the holidays, but I'll say the drop and offset is an interesting new option for the Phantom series. With the holster mounted away from the body, it is easier to get a better purchase on the grip, and surely this attachment method will find utility among those who wear body armor. I've always liked the Phantoms for their relatively flat profile for concealed carry use (essentially a modern take on the pancake holster), and the drop and offset attachment adds some bulk which changes the character of the holster. Still, I plan to experiment with this attachment system for at least a little while. More options is always a good thing, and the Phantom remains one of the most versatile holsters available.

attachment.php
attachment.php

KCBRUIN

Amateur
So... I'm all in... bought my third Glock 19, and I'm going to make a DocGKR variant where it's got factory internals, BUT, I'm left handed and it seems RCS doesn't make a left handed Roland Variant. Any southpaws know of any lefty friendly conceal carry RS holsters? I can have my local kydex guy hook me up but I was hoping to jump on the RCS bandwagon.

N

nate89

So... I'm all in... bought my third Glock 19, and I'm going to make a DocGKR variant where it's got factory internals, BUT, I'm left handed and it seems RCS doesn't make a left handed Roland Variant. Any southpaws know of any lefty friendly conceal carry RS holsters? I can have my local kydex guy hook me up but I was hoping to jump on the RCS bandwagon.
I don't have my atom slide Glock anymore, but I bought a holster from Armiger Solutions that I used for the Roland-ish special that I had. He is really good about working with you to make sure you are getting what you want, the price was very fair, and turnaround we not bad. I actually had two made, one for my 226 with a 300u, and have been carrying with it essentially every day since I got it about a year ago and have had no issues at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Big_Phil

M3 tactical Kydex makes an IWB Roland special holster in left and right handed with multiple light options.

Photo from his IG:
283990e91ce742b46717d4f32d43b872.png

I am not affiliated with M3, their holsters came highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up for you guys who want to do a fauxland special with a Luepold DP pro, Dawson makes a set of irons (.595 rear, .585 front) that offer an approximate lower third cowitness.

Just trying to decide between a SF or the new inforce apl and my roland is done.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Bawidaman Gotham is a very good option for a Roland.

I have had mine for a bit and just received the gen2 which improves on a great design.

K Williams

Just a heads up for you guys who want to do a fauxland special with a Luepold DP pro, Dawson makes a set of irons (.595 rear, .585 front) that offer an approximate lower third cowitness.

Just trying to decide between a SF or the new inforce apl and my roland is done.

I recently installed these sights, they are money. The rear required about 30 minutes with a file to make it fit in my dovetail. I tried the integrated Leupold rear buis for a while, but it was hinky.....

I recently installed these sights, they are money. The rear required about 30 minutes with a file to make it fit in my dovetail. I tried the integrated Leupold rear buis for a while, but it was hinky.....
That was the main thing that kept me away from using the luepold integrated sight. Seen some reports of it not exactly being rock solid, so I looked for alternatives.

You are correct about the installation. I had my slide cerakoted when it was milled, so I wasn't sure if that was why my rear sight required some extra fitting, but no biggie

KCBRUIN

Amateur
Looks like some of you aren't using a sealing plate? First it's odd that the optic doesn't come sealed, but why would you not add the plate?

KyleDuPrey

I'm thinking of getting my 19 stippled when I send it to ATEi for slide work, but they have no pictures of the different levels of agressiveness they offer. Does anyone know if there are pictures to be found anywhere or have any experience themselves with the different levels? Thanks

Fellow lefty here. Can't recommend the Raven Vanguard 3 enough. It's super comfortable and concealable.