The Roland Special

Blksheep

Preparing the first phase of my build...

Glock 19 Gen4
UBoat
in hand...

KKM with Comp on order as well as magwell....

Next milling and RMR...

I'm convinced on milled vs MOS but I've been reading about the varying tolerances on RMRs, whats the plan if you have a milled slide and have to replace the RMR?

adam_s

Beastmaster-it all depends on who you have do the milling work. If Doug at ATEi does your work, and you get a new RMR, and the new RMR will not fit the old cut, he will tweak your cut for you so the new one will fit. This was from a thread on FB...I'll try and find it.

Blksheep

Just wondering guys. I have the barrel and comp installed and it shoots flat, no doubt. Today I had a set screw loosen up and the comp moved a bit. Whats the best way you guys found to remedy that?

I am going to have to take the comp off in the future to have the slide milled.

Rick

adam_s

Just wondering guys. I have the barrel and comp installed and it shoots flat, no doubt. Today I had a set screw loosen up and the comp moved a bit. Whats the best way you guys found to remedy that?

I am going to have to take the comp off in the future to have the slide milled.

Rick
Blue loctite on the set screws.

sreidy

Amateur
I used rocksett on the barrel threads and it's been holding great so far. I've also removed it and put it back on about three or four times with no issue.

Blksheep

Just installed my third Overwatch Precision trigger in the build. Having tried some of the others, Im thinking this is my favorite.

sreidy

Amateur
I've found rocksett fairly easy to break loose. I've done it both by hand and with a padded adjustable wrench.

JSGlock34

So, what's the word on the new RCS Holster for the Roland? Per the good guys at F3 Tactical, Raven Concealment Systems is about to drop a holster for the Roland Special...this is well timed since I need a holster for mine.

14494805_789120201191572_2353604732194869001_n.jpg

JSGlock34

I've had mixed results with G34 holsters; my Blade-Tech works perfectly, whereas my Raven Concealment Systems Phantom for the G34 (zero cant) will push the slide out of battery when the pistol is fully inserted. In any case, I was planning to order a light compatible RCS holster for my Roland...might as well just wait for this.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
F3 tactical had a splash of a Roland special holster from RCS on their facebook page with a 'stay tuned' message a few days ago. I'd imagine something is coming relatively soon.

COAR

Guys, please redirect me if it exists already, but is there already a thread regarding making a M&P9c into a Roland Special? I can't seem to find one, and this thread seems to discuss Glock conversions specifically, since that is the original RS. I'm looking into purchasing an M&P9c, and am very interested in this RS concept. Thank you in advance for feedback.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I spoke to KKM Precision on the phone yesterday. They would recommend getting a Carver 3 port Comp for M&P. Send the Comp to them and they will cut and thread the barrel to match an M&PC. Nice people, that's great service.

They also said they are in the process of making a KKM Comp for the M&P.

I think the others are correct, the Glock 19 is the perfect animal for a Roland Special type pistol project. If one is prohibited from using a Glock or really wants to do it with an M&P and can afford it, why not.

The M&PC will accept a Streamlight TLR-3 which is a pretty decent little pistol light. I run one on my M&PC 9mm in a AIWB holster and I have been happy with it.

If someone builds one, please share pics and thoughts on it. I for one would like to hear about it.

Finally finished up my "RS" build. Its not exactly an RS, but it's close. I still need a solid holster for this set up. I currently have an M3 Holster set up to use an Inforce APL, the light and holster were given to me. So until I can get a new holster I'm stuck with the APL. I am really looking forward to seeing what Raven comes out with for this set up. I guess I can only dream of a light bearing Eidolon. I do carry this set up daily along with a spare mag.

Specs:
Glock 19 Gen 3
ATEi Slide (not modified Glock Slide)
Trijicon RMR
Silencer Co Threaded Barrel
TBRCi Micro Comp
ISM 15lb Recoil Spring
Overwatch Precision Tactical Trigger
ZEV Tech Magwell (thanks to Justin's comparison photos)
Surefire X300