The Roland Special

leozinho

Coming within 4 percentage points of Ron Francisco in your second USPSA match is very very impressive.

1) did his gun choke or did he zero a stage ;).

2) if not, what were you shooting before starting USPSA? Because that's well done.

Coming within 4 percentage points of Ron Francisco in your second USPSA match is very very impressive.

1) did his gun choke or did he zero a stage ;).

2) if not, what were you shooting before starting USPSA? Because that's well done.

1.) no idea lol

2.) Yeah I've been shooting for years and a lot of local steel shoots and thank you

whit77

Just as an FYI I haven't seen this holster mentioned. The Safariland 578 GLS works with the Roland no modifications needed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 194

adam_s

Has anybody tried to make a shorter Roland special on a G26?

The G26 is a bit of a pain, as it can't be equipped with a decent light (no light rail).
What I have done though, is chopped the grip on a G19 to G26 size, and paired it with the RMR/KKM/X300U Roland Special Setup. I'm a fan of it. I'll try to get photos later.

Longeye

Established
@whit77 ,
Filing the front sight is easy with a flat file. Take time to ensure each cut is level. Remember that it is easier to take metal off than put back on, so take it slow. When finished, break the edges lightly with the file.
You can touch up the shiny metal with a sharpy or Cerrakote.

Longeye

Established
Re: G26, G19, G17 Rolands,
Because of hand and body size, I am starting a project involving a G22 frame, G23 slide, then threaded barrel, RMR, X300U etc... I realize it will only be Roland Special in the sense that it started with a Glock frame and ended with a good light and sights but I think it will be a handy pistol for my needs.

KUTF

I would use a sharpening stone to "file" your front sight. A coarse stone can get you where you want, then polish it with a fine/ultra-fine stone and refinish or blacken it.

rah45

Guys, please redirect me if it exists already, but is there already a thread regarding making a M&P9c into a Roland Special? I can't seem to find one, and this thread seems to discuss Glock conversions specifically, since that is the original RS. I'm looking into purchasing an M&P9c, and am very interested in this RS concept. Thank you in advance for feedback.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Longeye

Established
Why the 9C? The whole idea of the RS is that the grip is just long enough to be usable. The M&P series does not have a G19 analog within its frame sizes.

The reason no one makes a RS out of a M&P is that the FS is too big and the C is too small.

rah45

Just FYI, I'm a firearms novice. I have held both the Glock and M&P full size and compact models, and found that the M&P points more naturally for me. So to prepare for my purchase, I've been reading P&S posts regarding long-term alterations available for the pistol. I was looking into RMR info when I saw the RS mentioned, and wondered if it was possible for the 9C.

Thank you for the info, though. I was not aware of that issue!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Longeye

Established
Yes, you can have a RMR installed on either the FS or the C model. But grip size is a large factor in what makes a Roland.

The pointability of particular pistols is subjective, but is largely a training consideration.

The Roland represents a sum which is greater than the value of its parts. It is a balanced whole.

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Just FYI, I'm a firearms novice. I have held both the Glock and M&P full size and compact models, and found that the M&P points more naturally for me. So to prepare for my purchase, I've been reading P&S posts regarding long-term alterations available for the pistol. I was looking into RMR info when I saw the RS mentioned, and wondered if it was possible for the 9C.

The 9c cannot host normal sized lights, such as the X300 or even an inforce APL, it is restricted to smaller lights.

Might be a dumb question...but here in Canada a pistol needs a 107mm barrel length.

How long is the actual KKM barrel for a roland special, before comp?

If I could build one here that would be swell.

adam_s

I'm totally unfamiliar with Canada's laws-how do you guys define barrel length?

That being said, a KKM G19 barrel setup for the compensator is roughly the same length as a stock G17 barrel (slightly shorter, but maybe 2-3mm). If a G17 is legal for you, this should be too...