The Roland Special

Update from Trijicon; They are filling December 2015 Orders now, and should be moving into January 2016 orders soon. They are working on creating a second shift for RMR's and night sights due to the long backorder log. I've been waiting 10 weeks and counting through Pro-Motive.

tact

Yes, I know what the site is. I don't make a habit of talking crap about things I have no knowledge of.

Sorry for the derail, but complaining about lead times while trying to save a few bucks using the vaunted LEO/MIL status is just as exhausting.

Very interested in this setup for my G19/rmr!
I've read that the Carver comps recommend using 11lbs recoil spring with reloads or low power ammo.
Did you guys mess withe rsa?

N

nate89

I only have a sample of one, and have used 2-3 others in the past couple years, but the Unity slide has worked great for me. The addition of the forward serrations is an added benefit, and it already comes with a good set of raised irons. You won't get the "fit like a glove" that the ATEi milling will, but I have several thousand rounds through a 19 with an RM06, and that was after it had been used an a demo gun with who knows how many rounds through it before i bought it from the rep.

N

nate89

Great modcast. I guess @Riafdnal knew that he would have had a mutiny on his hands if this one would have been released in order several months down the road. Good to finally hear the story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

K Williams

Very interested in this setup for my G19/rmr!
I've read that the Carver comps recommend using 11lbs recoil spring with reloads or low power ammo.
Did you guys mess withe rsa?

I've been getting lots of failure to feed malfunctions with training ammo - Magtech, S&B, others. None whatsoever with carry ammo. Replaced the stock RSA, still happens (gen4 G19).

I figure its the combo of stock RSA, effects of the KKM comp, and standard pressure ammo. Have some reduced weight recoil springs on the way to hopefully fix the issue, as I can't afford to train with carry ammo and I do enjoy the benefits of the comp with hotter loads.

Anyone having similar issues? Fixes?

N

nate89

I initially had some failures to eject with mine when using blazer brass, but I reload so 99% of the ammo through my guns is reloaded. I use a near-max load of Titegroup and they have worked without issue. If you a buying ammo, have you looked into getting Speer Lawman? SGammo usually has it for about the same price as other practice ammo, and is loaded a little hotter (to mimic Speer duty loads). You could also look at the Winchester NATO white box, as it is also loaded a little hotter.

I've been getting lots of failure to feed malfunctions with training ammo - Magtech, S&B, others. None whatsoever with carry ammo. Replaced the stock RSA, still happens (gen4 G19).

I figure its the combo of stock RSA, effects of the KKM comp, and standard pressure ammo. Have some reduced weight recoil springs on the way to hopefully fix the issue, as I can't afford to train with carry ammo and I do enjoy the benefits of the comp with hotter loads.

Anyone having similar issues? Fixes?

I've had great luck with 147gr Lawman. I've run several thousand of that without any issue. I've actually run a variety of ammo without issue. When I start getting failure to feed type malfunctions, I lube the gun and immediately that resolves the issue. I've had to run my RS significantly "wetter" than my other Glock pistols. As long as I've kept my RS well lubed, it has run everything I've thrown at it. I'm running a Gen3 and standard rod and spring. But give that a try with your Gen4

Since your sig-line states LMS, if you want to try the Win. 124gr Nato Spec ammo, call up Shaw in Hagerman ID if you find yourself traveling westward. He's got it in bulk.
That Nato Spec runs just like duty ammo and makes that comp work great.

karmapolice

Amateur
That's odd, mine is a stock internal gen4 minus the flat face trigger and minus connector (Glock parts). I've run 1,000 rounds of magtec 115 grain, 1,000 Speer lawmen 124 grain, 300 rounds of geco 124 grain, couple hundred rounds of American eagle 115 grain, couple hundred of 115 grain Atlanta arms, and none had issues. The gun loves 147 grain HST for duty loads. I'm planning on swapping out the RSA and do so every 3k. Also I run mine wet as my other Glocks, I've probably cleaned it twice which is more of a wipe down and relube with slip 2000.

K Williams

Thanks for the feedback so far. The pistol is well lubed and I do buy/shoot Lawman from time to time, works fine.

This only crops up during team firearms training days when I'm shooting department training ammo, which I don't pay for. I have a Jager guide rod arriving today with 13 and 15 lb ISMI recoil springs so I'll see if that does the trick.

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
We had no functional problems with thousands of rounds of standard pressure 147 gr Fed AE9FP FMJ and P9HST2 JHP fired through multiple comp'd G19's.