The Roland Special

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
Anyone notice any sensitivity to a worn out recoil spring? Specifically with normal "range" ammo vs +P or +P+ duty loads?

K Williams

Are you talking feeding issues like I was having? I had a very high incidences of failure to feed with lower pressure 115 Grn ammo.

I have been 100% malfunction free with lower weight recoil spring with that same ammo (Jager guide rod/ISMI 15lb. Recoil spring)

N

nate89

Don't know if trolling or...

but in your picture, your comp is upside down.

whit77

It must have turned on me, it happened a few times when i was on the range. I'll make sure to double check the set screws.

N

nate89

I was having some issues with the set screws coming loose, but after using loctite I never has a problem. I believe I used 242, and I have yet to remove the comp, and it has stayed in place.

Joey

Stupid question time, once the set screws are loctited in place, how hard is it to unscrew them & how often do you remove the comp to facilitate a good cleaning?

PlasticMag

Amateur
13423415_1557304554565404_1303981914_n.jpg

Just got this back today. ATEi does awesome work. Internally it's got the KKM barrel and the DEM flat trigger with a (-) trigger. Not sure how I feel about the flat trigger but I'm giving it a shake. Undercut the trigger guard which has helped with my massive hands biting into the grip. I like the SAI/VTAC magwell a lot, I've toyed with the Zev magwell but if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I've shot it a fair amount with the comp before I got the RMR, and I like it a lot. Excited to try it out with the RMR attached.

Matt

Staff member
Stupid question time, once the set screws are loctited in place, how hard is it to unscrew them & how often do you remove the comp to facilitate a good cleaning?

If you use blue Loctite it is not difficult to back the set screws out. A sufficient cleaning can be achieved without a need to remove the comp to clean anything.

Matt

Staff member
It must have turned on me, it happened a few times when i was on the range. I'll make sure to double check the set screws.

The set screws absolutely need some type of thread locker or they WILL back out.

Matt

Staff member
Anyone notice any sensitivity to a worn out recoil spring? Specifically with normal "range" ammo vs +P or +P+ duty loads?

Only issues I've ever had were underpowered 147gr (which I would guess would qualify as "range" ammo) combined with a dry gun. This was only with FM standard pressure 147gr. I have since fired many different varieties of 115, 124, 135, 135+P through the gun with no issue. I even went back to some of the same FM 147gr that caused problems after trying lots of different manufacturers and bullet weights and didn't have the issue resurface. The only difference that time was that the gun was properly lubed and had about 500 more rounds down the pipe.

whit77

Back at it today, with another 130 rounds........Any tips on filing down the front site? Flat file? a gunsmith? I was consistently low
13466367_10154094252415269_527314562749900620_n.jpg

One I've been working on. Gen 3 G19 with Zev slide, internals and suppressor sights. KKM Comp'ed bbl, Triji RM06 and Raven Freya magwell. It also usually wears an SF X300. I don't have all the lumens just yet. Slick shooter. The comp kind of digs in tender places in certain positions while carrying appendix in my Eidolon, less so with my Vanguard. I need to tweak that Eidolon some more.
KvvFSqdiDfDBmcnaVQfHHCCXgA0vK3ZZIq3Ap1yE23vVi7g4shI2N657KNGjn0SzzWirw2h3j3LCEspEq8-kl6Ro80aD1cpJ5KF9uT6t3y3GQQ2k5wFt1fag-vlT8VOapQ2M4RNw5Z3WoNz6pweP-j4rx0dY5ZGcIawKjw1-Piz_tvm714_d0JrDhwTYurW5VNunqxKcPWHPYIs04pU37eP-PASvw6VZY8fzB3EvTcy8_IxtJvO56SDNFHETum7vSkk_4IK3s3njLl_HrWA-BT9p9O-0xtzcLEHht8-2L58H3mM7s9LJbcdai2ZKOWkm3Lq9ulKmIWLstCeNgOFFR54Jb88dZ_g04s6A9TD9-DidOYuJNBN7eKi1fIqY4Ne0bWvmQfoVWBY4pFXp83Mz-HyM3pffSdL8N6Fh9LvvXFbLfuV-pSv7bX59yi-_3lYNo-eriqA0rZK86K1NJCerZ_4L09HSjAG-te0GfroG5-NDQFo9o9sLKYFg5tb8cwYwrYJCNQkyQdf6ijcoSpauwcjHwJj4kSjlcOsURaxepzCgwVVeFiEVGQFIW2-fi0kNpkAbOVHqsFG-Z-nkWHomxnmLHYl8vHg=w831-h619-no

Ran the Roland Special at a local USPSA event for Open Division (2nd USPSA match ever and 1st time in Open Division). People told me that I would get wrecked competing in Open, and I did...but I put up a fight.

The results were pretty surprising to the say the least in a group surrounded by $3-4K race guns.

it can be done

ZFJmW43.jpg