RCS Eidolon

PM07

Staff member
BBS, I hope you are joking but since you didn't post an intro I have no idea on your background. No one should see your holster and the folks here usually don't buy holsters because they look cool, unless its a BBQ holster. A holster for most of us is a tool used to hold a lifesaving tool.

Runcible

Runcible Works
Staff member
Vendor
Additionally, while I can't speak to their IM material, many thermomoldable sheet plastics are pretty brittle in their transparent forms.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
Additionally, while I can't speak to their IM material, many thermomoldable sheet plastics are pretty brittle in their transparent forms.

I can speak to their IM material, and it's not at all brittle. I understand your intent wasn't to suggest that it might be, but that's kind of how your statement about thermomoldable sheet plastics came across (even though they're as different as plywood and particle board), and I could easily see someone who didn't know better being confused by it.

- Jake

Mach0311

Totally broke my sweat guard on my eidolon :(

Contacted RCS and Ill get a new one as soon as I send them the busted one. Broke it getting into an awkward shooting position on a ported wall. They said they fixed the issue. Since we're on P&S what did you guys do to fix it?

Also what should I do if I'm getting hamnered in the pelvic bone. I am bruised up pretty badly right where the holster presses in right above my junk.

voodoo_man

Established
Totally broke my sweat guard on my eidolon :(

Contacted RCS and Ill get a new one as soon as I send them the busted one. Broke it getting into an awkward shooting position on a ported wall. They said they fixed the issue. Since we're on P&S what did you guys do to fix it?

Also what should I do if I'm getting hamnered in the pelvic bone. I am bruised up pretty badly right where the holster presses in right above my junk.

got a photo?

Mach0311

I'm thinking about rounding off the pointy parts and running it no sweat guard. I prefer that anyhow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87

back spin

Amateur
Broke my sweat guard too on my pre-release Eidolon. I got into rollover prone and tucked my knees in which caused my torso to really press into the tall shield. The shield snapped at the base. The best way to fix it is send the holster body to Raven and get a new one through warranty.

The new Eidolons have a material that's slightly less ridgid and more matte in color. Same performance though.

To fix the bruising issue, shift the holster position until you find one that's comfortable. Adjust the ride height, cant, where it sits on the belt, etc. For me AIWB with the Eidolon is unforgiving if it's just a half inch too much inboard or outboard from the sweet spot.

back spin

Amateur
Seriously, send the holster back to Raven.

I thought about "fixing" it too and realized the shield assists with reholstering by keeping clothing out of the mouth of the holster. It also keeps the holster from tucking too much into your body to the point where your torso closes over the mouth of the empty eidolon.

Rob Wry

Had my Eidolon since they first came out. Had similar issues to some. Very uncomfortable with the wedge installed after a few hours of use. Attributed it to a) new thing pressing into my body in a new place and b) the wedge, being rubber, caught my clothes, especially my shirt and underwear, wrinkling things up. All of these wrinkles, pressing hard on my nether region combined with any sweat made for legit soreness after a few hours of wear.

My solution (initially) was to craft a replacement wedge from Azek trim board. It wasn't rubbery and grippy and slid across my clothes instead of grabbing them and turned out to be the ticket. Going about two months that way, I recently went back to the rubber wedge and have had my Eidolon on all day with no soreness.

I also broke my sweat guard. I was doing dry fire excercises and dropped a mag on the floor. When I went to pick it up I heard a crack. Didn't break it off completely, but cracked it. The thing is, while I appreciated the full length sweat guard, any time I bent over I was getting gored in my stomach. I was considering dremeling it down to match the front. Whoops. Too late.

So, I sent it back. They initially sent me the universal one. I sent that back and, after setting the replacement one up, I decided to go ahead and dremel the sweat guard down. Much happier that way. If I need to crouch or get low, I no longer feel like I'm being lanced with a dull javelin.

Having a slightly rough start hasn't prevented me from pushing forward and I've ended up with (for the foreseeable future) a great holster that conceals my G17 under appropriate clothing all day, even in summer.

Oh, first post. This seems like s great site with a wealth of experienced members. Already learned a lot.

NickDrak

Amateur
Broke my sweat guard as well doing the same exact thing during dry fire. They replaced the shell with the quickness.

Don't bend over to pick anything up without first holstering your pistola.

Rob Wry

Unfortunately, getting low may very well be what is NEEDED in a particular situation. If I thought that the only way I could use this holster was to remain standing while my pistol was out of the holster, I'd never have considered it. The fact is, nothing is perfect for everybody all the time. I lost the sweat guard and all is well. For me, problem solved.

Firemanjim

Been running the Eidolon for about 2 months now,Took the Reston Group concealed deploy,ent class with it and now that the soreness is gone from it digging in my lower area its my go to daily holster,very high quality and can be modded and moved to position for comfort and rapid deployment

Probie

Broke my sweat guard as well doing the same exact thing during dry fire. They replaced the shell with the quickness.

I broke mine this past weekend taking a class. I haven't reached out yet. Gonna try to see if they'll replace it. Preferably with no sweat guard on the new one

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

NickDrak

Amateur
Even considering the broken sweat guard issue, the eidolon is the best AIWB holster available by light years. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't carry a Glock and has to carry in something other than an eidolon.

voodoo_man

Established
Even considering the broken sweat guard issue, the eidolon is the best AIWB holster available by light years. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't carry a Glock and has to carry in something other than an eidolon.

It is definitely a good holster, but by light years? I don't know about that.

There are plenty of niche holsters that do well in specific applications. There is no "one size fits all" for holsters, the Eidolon, while very modular and capable of adaptation for many situations is not "the" holster, because there is no "the" holster.

NickDrak

Amateur
It is definitely a good holster, but by light years? I don't know about that.

There are plenty of niche holsters that do well in specific applications. There is no "one size fits all" for holsters, the Eidolon, while very modular and capable of adaptation for many situations is not "the" holster, because there is no "the" holster.

For me it is. I've tried pretty much every other AIWB holster over the years (CCC, JM, JRC, Keeper), and for me nothing works anywhere near as good as the Eidolon with the clips for AIWB.