RCS Eidolon

back spin

Amateur
There is no 'the holster'...that's some zen type stuff right there!

So true. The eidolon works great for concealment. But, man I found its design eventually digs into my hips for Aiwb, no matter how I try to adjust it.

Uwe1

I need advice from you guys running the Eidolon. My set up is a Ares Aegis Belt with RCS Eidolon.

I carry the gun with absolutely no printing, but with my body type 5'6"-ish and 150 lbs, I look like I have a bulge around my belly... Or I just look fat.

Are there any tips you guys have for setting up the holster to reduce this?

Uwe1

I was afraid of that... More bench press and cardio seems like the main answer. I was hoping that an equipment adjustment could help.

Andrew Y.

Where do you have your spare mag? I Have the same problem however when I put my spare mag at my 11 o clock , so just left of the belt buckle, it balances out the look a lil bit, then I just look a lil pudgy which is whatever. That might be a temporary solution till you can hit the weights.

Uwe1

Pudgy is a good way to put it.

My spare is at 8:00.

To clarify, the issue I'm having is mostly due to the mass of the gun and the large Aegis belt buckle causing my belly to look bigger than it is. The gun absolutely does not print in any way.

I've been hitting the weights for the past 6-8 months and it's helped a lot already.

Orionz06

Staff member
Vendor
I need advice from you guys running the Eidolon. My set up is a Ares Aegis Belt with RCS Eidolon.

I carry the gun with absolutely no printing, but with my body type 5'6"-ish and 150 lbs, I look like I have a bulge around my belly... Or I just look fat.

Are there any tips you guys have for setting up the holster to reduce this?
Try a less rigid belt. Often times stiffer belts can wind up working against the holster and limit how things conform.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

Default.mp3

Established
To clarify, the issue I'm having is mostly due to the mass of the gun and the large Aegis belt buckle causing my belly to look bigger than it is.
You could always move the belt buckle to a different area. I wear my Wilderness Instructor Belt with the buckle at the 0900.

Ed7

I know the consensus is RCS is a well liked and well known company that puts out quality stuff, but I want to share my experience. I (like a dumbass) overtightened the retention screw on my Eidolon and it split. I called RCS and explained what I had done. I was looking for advice, not a replacement. I was pleasantly surprised that they wanted to replace it even though it's failure was my fault. All of the phone conversations and emails I've had with folks at RCS have been very professional and helpful. The replacement turnaround was extremely quick. After help from some of you, and the folks at RCS, I've found my sweet spot with the Eidolon. I run my threaded 19 in the Eidolon for the 17 with the wedge, claw, and a single soft loop. It is my favorite concealment holster I've owned.

tl;dr - Don't overtighten your retention screw and Raven is awesome!

20160307_092139_zpsmbbqoyk2.jpg

Munch520

A more minimalist belt/buckle and only using the overhook that mounts to the trigger guard helps me mitigate excessive printing in the crotchal region. I have the gun at about one o'clock and a reload at 11. Belt is Atlas with G-Hook and mag pouch is JM Kydex OWB with clip.

16743141949_dcb7cb5666_b.jpg

16261409857_c8cd9683d9_b.jpg

Even in a T-Shirt, good to go. Honestly the RMR prints the most.

But yeah good posture (puff chest out a bit) and a some excess bench press help a ton haha.

JLo

image.jpg

I was using a Shaggy and 5-Shot SME for a good while and really wasn't interested in a new AIWB holster until I peeped a friends Eidolon while at an inservice training class. I ordered one on the spot and have been living with it for the past few months. So far so good, It needs to placed more centerline In order to keep the claw away from my pelvic bone but otherwise I really dig it. Conceals almost as well as the SME but with a better ride height, faster draw...win, win.

Darth Tater

I also had a break on my original Eidolon (one of the initial release package purchases). RCS immediately replaced the holster body with no drama. Super cool customer service.

Orionz06

Staff member
Vendor
Both the Ares Aegis and the Ranger

Try a more flexible belt. Those belts tend to be too stiff and prevent the Eidolon and like holsters from functioning and instead create hot spots and discomfort.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

C Walley

Amateur
The Eidolon is hands down the best IWB/AIWB I have used. Before the Eidolon, I was carrying a G19 in a Milt Sparks Executives Companion. It concealed good enough, but I had to really pick my clothing.

The Eidolon is a completely different story. The Eidolon enables me to carry even my G17 with just a t-shirt. If you have ever been to south Mississippi you know this is a blessing.