RCS Eidolon

Detmongo

Amateur
have mine on right now. i've had it on since 08:30 this am. i like it alot. sitting at my desk must of the day doing class prep/admin.stuff today so i can keep it on all day. I returned last night from teaching down south so i had an 8 hour drive home, after a few hours of driving w/it in aiwb position it started to get to me. so for me 3 hour or sore drive i can do after that it strats getting in the way so to speak.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
I could never get mine to be comfortable at first; even at the lowest setting, the edge of the holster was perfectly positioned to dig into my pelvis.

After the guys from RCS suggested I try it with Phantom struts (which drop it another 1/2"), it became one of my most comfortable holsters.

I still find the VG2 more comfortable, but see one-handed reholstering as a necessary feature for law enforcement...since the VG2 doesn't do that, it's the Eidolon for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
No light is a non starter for me.
2756b0e73bc9f78f1d2123314ec4535d.jpg

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
I love mine so far, still playing with it to find the most comfortable spot. For me, it doesn't com up high enough. I'd like it to be about .5 inch's higher and then it would be spot on.

TomF

I was involved in the conceptual stages of this holster. It is an extremely well thought out. The boys at RCS didn't leave many stones unturned.

MattJames- The soft loop strut that is coming will have a slot on it making it infinitely adjustable for ride height. You will be able to dial in your height exactly where you need it. Just FYI.

.308holes

Victory First
Light bearing is coming fellas, there is alot of engineering that goes into the development side...not to mention, there will be obvious considerations for the basket full of lights that everyone will want. The market dictates what gets done first, those are the majority that fund the obscure.
Here is part of my Eidolon bouquet. The clear are some of the early prototypes while we tested the products for final recipe.

Sirloin.jpg

Will Morgan

I really like it, but I'm holding out for the light bearing as well. I've heard the VG3 is in the testing phase, I'm really excited for that too.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Light bearing is coming fellas, there is alot of engineering that goes into the development side...not to mention, there will be obvious considerations for the basket full of lights that everyone will want. The market dictates what gets done first, those are the majority that fund the obscure.
Here is part of my Eidolon bouquet. The clear are some of the early prototypes while we tested the products for final recipe.

View attachment 66

MMMMMMM Sirloin!

JB3

Amateur
If I could get a sirloin for the new surefire XC-1 I could die happy.

english kanigit

Tactical Crossfit
What the deuce is a VG3? I'm not familiar with that.

.308holes, are you the Matt from the Eidolon topic on the other forum? I went back to look for your email last week and the old forum content is gone.

Ek

JB3

Amateur
VG3 is a VG2 but with a light. Very few exist and they are not available.....yet.

ROMPER

Amateur
Am pretty anti appendix carry.....for starters not comfortable, secondly...not a big fan of my gun pointed in the area of my junk. Having said that I keep hearing good things about this holster and am planning on picking one up and giving it an honest try, I also agree with the light mounted bit. I don't currently one a weapon with out a mounted white light.
When they become commercially available I will purchase one......would be more interested in the light mounted one but have to start out someplace.

R

Matt

Staff member
Having a "gun pointed in the area of my junk" was weird for the first couple days but that should never be a reason not to try appendix carry. Think about all the years you've had a pistol pointed at your thigh or ass cheek...

TomF

Biased but I love the Eidolon. Been wearing a VG2 daily since they were conceptualized and the Eidolon is a great continuation of some of those same concepts.