Range Equipment....What's Missing?

Point of Impact

Vendor
OK....there was a need for the ability to incorporate a cardboard silhouette with a body mass steel target.

What we have come up with is "Casper".....the body mass steel backing plate. It fits in our 1/4 scale stand using the same shelf and horn as out 1/4 scale plate.

Then you use our "Wing Stand" and slide it to the desired height for the indexing to line with the cardboard....done.

You now have a target that will "ring out" when you make a critical hit....but still show what your rounds are doing in the non-critical areas.

And when you aren't using the "Wing" on the stand....you can set it on the ground to use for cardboard. The wooden 2x2s will level the stand if the ground isn't being cooperative...by passing through the pockets on the production models. It will also have holes for mounting to wooden timbers (rail road ties) for a more permanent area. I am sorry to say..."Brick" not included.

wing%20stand%20adapter_zpslzdsf2i7.jpg

casper_zpsewjhehx8.jpg

wing%20stand_zpsefl1y7yi.jpg

03humpalot

Amateur
Gunsite had one of the best targets I have ever seen for teaching guys to track their sights in recoil. It was basically a plate rack that you shot on end starting with a 10in (or so plate), then an 8 in behind it, 6in, 4in, 2in etc in descending order. It was great and I have never seen it offered commercially. Build it so you can actually disassemble and mail it without having to go freight and every range in America would buy one once the word got out.

ptrlcop

Established
Gunsite had one of the best targets I have ever seen for teaching guys to track their sights in recoil. It was basically a plate rack that you shot on end starting with a 10in (or so plate), then an 8 in behind it, 6in, 4in, 2in etc in descending order. It was great and I have never seen it offered commercially. Build it so you can actually disassemble and mail it without having to go freight and every range in America would buy one once the word got out.
That sounds slick

Point of Impact

Vendor
What would you guys like to see in a shooting bench?

I'm thinking one that can be pulled behind a truck or a 4 wheeler to desired position....then deploy jacks to level and remove any play the tires may have in them.

One friend said he'd like to see it be totally ambidextrous....and able to have 2 to 3 shooters at a time.....whereas another instructor I know said one shooter at a time would be more desirable.

Whichever style....I plan on having storage for multiple pop up canopies and a 10 rifle rack built on to the back end of the table.

Maybe ammo can storage with the rifle racks

Will have large ammo box for storing sandbags, rifle rest, and such.

A place for a water cooler....5 gallon variety.

I figure on using 3/4" or 1" HDP for the table tops and seats...it can be worked with common woodworking tools....so the table I believe should have a small trough around the perimeter for catching casings or caps and such

Seats being completely adjustable for elevation and forward and back.

May need to apply grip-tape to table tops and seats for traction.....to keep the butt and any sand bags still while zeroing.

What would you like to see on the table itself?

Point of Impact

Vendor
Been a couple months or so....anything needs arisen on the range equipment front?

I've been working on our amazon portal....should be open soon....but gotta little down time and need a project to play with.