Range Equipment....What's Missing?

Point of Impact

Vendor
Basically what the title says.

Is there a particular piece of range equipment that you have looked for and just cannot find?

Have you ever been instructing a class and said "I really wish someone made a......."

I'm basically looking for inspiration.....targets.....breaching tools....barricades...tables....etc.

What do you as instructors....trainers....ranges....need.

Thanks.

Troy @ Point of Impact.

Bronson

Fury
I would love to see more companies offering targets that are patterned after experiences encountered overseas.

Fuck an E-Type. I want a "M-Type" for Muhj. Skinnier to simulate the malnourishment so prevalent in the Middle East.

Another thing was dedicated steel representing switches (brain, spine) and hydraulics (heart) behind a cardboard target. Shooting a cardboard target and hearing that steel behind it ring would be a good diagnostic for non-reactionary target drills.

Targets with short exposure times, moving targets, moving targets with short exposure times. That shit gets expensive though.

Point of Impact

Vendor
I'm working on portable light weight barricades now. Think the ease of moving a wheel barrel with the stability. Completely weather proof material. I'll post pictures as I complete it.

Point of Impact

Vendor
I'm almost ready for PFT to test my "sneaky bastard" reactive target in the shoot house too.....should be fun. My goal with this project is to make a humanoid target that can hide in closets and corners....hence the name. I will feel my job is complete when the first guy makes a run and never sees him.

rob_s

Another thing was dedicated steel representing switches (brain, spine) and hydraulics (heart) behind a cardboard target. Shooting a cardboard target and hearing that steel behind it ring would be a good diagnostic for non-reactionary target drills.

I've wanted something like this for awhile. What I really want is a stand that holds the cardboard and the steel, with the steel concealed behind the cardboard at an extreme angle (45* or so) to avoid splatter damaging the cardboard as much as possible.

Point of Impact

Vendor
Something like this?

prototype2_zps76r3trk3.jpg

Figure the angled pieces being AR500.....steel post to be armored and fit any of my bases.....with pockets to hold 2x2s to staple target to?

TJ208

I drew something close to exactly that about a year ago and my buddy is building it right now.

Edit: my design was a faller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob_s

That sketch is pretty close to what I have modeled in Sketchup.

I think there's some benefit to having a version that might drop the cardboard (especially if you can lock out the body or brain plates such that only one will drop the paper) but having the whole thing static is also useful.

Point of Impact

Vendor
If you folks are already in the prototyping phase....I wont worry about it. No need to have too many cooks in the kitchen on one project.

rob_s

Hell, I'm no welder/fabricator. i was just modeling it up to try to send to someone else to get them to make it.

now that I'm not in the business of training people or running my own matches, and I'm just a gun tourist, I wouldn't be in the market to buy but I'd love to shoot on them if someone else was buying!

KUTF

Adjustable and lightweight (so I can afford to pay shipping) stand to hold a vehicle windshield... for those times when you want to do barrier shoots for bullet testing, or run drills from simulated cars w/o dragging hulk vehicles out to the range.

Point of Impact

Vendor
I have built a windshield rack for an instructor.....but was never really happy with the way it turned out.

What I want to do is make a trailer with changeable "bus seats" and a rack for drills shooting out of a car or SUV windshield....that will swing away for drill requiring shooting into a windshield.

The trailer will hold extra windshields also...and sit about the right height off the road to simulate being in a vehicle.

I have the frame drawn and figured out so there will be no obstructions in front of the "driver or passenger"....and I have the swing designed....just waiting to find a suitable trailer to chop up...:)

Bronson

Fury
I'm going to recommend you Continue Mission on that Steel/Cardboard combo.

You have the tools. You have the talent. You are proactively designing and executing.

No one (or hardly anyone) is going to follow up on it - I'm calling it now.

(Please) Fill that void...