Lipsey's Smith & Wesson Ultimate Carry J-Frame revolver!

Seth Thompson

I haven't even checked my tritium vials. Maybe I should.
I wandered into my LGS last week, and amazingly, there was a 642 UC in .38 sitting in the case. They only wanted MSRP for it, too. Having heard about the tritium thing from P&S, I asked the counter guys to let me take the gun in the bathroom with the lights off to check the front sight before I put it on layaway. :D

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I wandered into my LGS last week, and amazingly, there was a 642 UC in .38 sitting in the case. They only wanted MSRP for it, too. Having heard about the tritium thing from P&S, I asked the counter guys to let me take the gun in the bathroom with the lights off to check the front sight before I put it on layaway. :D
We all know you peed on it to mark it as yours.

MStarmer

My dealer finally got a 432UC in with my name on it so I immediately went up and paid/did paperwork. Of course with our idiotic WA laws I have to wait until next month some time to pick it up. Oh well, give me some time to score some ammo for it.

roadstar

View attachment 9872

642UC and 432UC arrived. Out of the box everything is nicer than the vanilla counterparts. I really look forward to shooting these. The sights and stocks are such a noticeable upgrade. The triggers are more smooth with a slightly different press (all positive) from my broken in 442.

My 442 took a backseat to my LCRs. These change that dynamic.
Nice pair! I've ordered the exact opposite, a 442UC and a 632UC. I just don't know when they will ever arrive! I do have 500 rounds of .32 ammo now, so I'm ready!!

I picked up this one, 432 UC, on Friday. This is my first "real" carry wheel gun. It's replacing a Beretta 21A for pocket carry. I will be carrying this 5 days a week, while at work. Company I work for has a no guns policy, so I need a small easy to hide gun. I ordered 500 rounds for 32 long for practice ammo. What are some good pocket holsters to look at? I plan to carry it in the front right pock, I wear jeans 90% of the time.

GKdwxRXW0AA__SS

I picked up this one, 432 UC, on Friday. This is my first "real" carry wheel gun. It's replacing a Beretta 21A for pocket carry. I will be carrying this 5 days a week, while at work. Company I work for has a no guns policy, so I need a small easy to hide gun. I ordered 500 rounds for 32 long for practice ammo. What are some good pocket holsters to look at? I plan to carry it in the front right pock, I wear jeans 90% of the time.

GKdwxRXW0AA__SS
One issue that people are running into with these is that the rear sight is catching on a lot of different pocket holsters. I've experienced and seen others have the problem with Mika, Uncle Mike's, and the Safariland M25. I assume holsters built similarly to those three with have the same problem. With my Safariland it's about a 50/50 shot if I get hung up on the draw, but enough force can get it past the stitching. Pretty much any J-Frame pocket holster such as those will be a decent solution.

American Fighting Revolver is working on a specific pocket holster for the UC line of revolvers. These are supposed to accomodate the larger rear sight to help mitigate the snagging. I'm unsure if theirs with "click" in like a traditional kydex holster, or if it'll be more of a kydex sleeve like the Safariland. I posted the question on Facebook to them, but their crew was at Taccon this weekend, so I haven't heard back yet. I can post an update here when I get an answer.

MStarmer

I'm using mine with an AHolster backbone and it does ride against the rear sight but not bad. I may heat it up and mold it a bit around it but it's not concerning. I do have a couple of leather holsters and the cylinder flutes don't match the .32, to be expected but it does make it a bit harder going in. Got some simulated Ivory on there with a BK grip adapter for a little old school look.

Attachments

• IMG_4573.JPG
    IMG_4573.JPG
    514.3 KB · Views: 3