Lipsey's Smith & Wesson Ultimate Carry J-Frame revolver!

I'm definitely interested in a 32 cal but two things are currently holding me back.

1) I have other niches that aren't filled as well as they should and they take priority over another carry revolver.
2) There was a lot of talk on the modcast about this just being the first of many things they were working on. I'm very curious to see what is next.

Otherwise I'm as happy as could be to see any new development in carry revolvers, especially usable sights because the gutter system is a pain for my eyes.

I have two of the 432 on order currently. Waiting to hear back. These will likely largely replace the 351C and 351PD that my wife and I carry fairly often. One less round, but rounds that I'm a little more confident in than 22WMR.

bigfug

Amateur
I am going to wait till the hub bub has died down, and then get a 432. Have a 642 I cant stop carrying and a M&P340 working its way into the rotation. Holster still isnt broke in and the sight is enough to drag the draw considerably in my 642 leather holster.

WadeB

I haven’t officially gotten in line, however I am planning on getting a 432. I think a 32 will be right up my alley. Most of the time my carry load out is a Ruger LCR .22 in my off hand front pocket, and either a LCR 38, or a 442 in a Phlster City special appendix. I have a lot of interest in a 32 caliber especially after listening to DB and BrYan, and others including primary and secondary the last few years. I want to save my hands and that sounds like a really good option.

cpd221

Legendary Revolver SME Rob Garrett
Good morning. Matt encouraged me to come over to the forum after getting slapped by FB a few times. For those who don’t recognize my user name, I’m Rob Garrett. I’ve been on Matt’s modcast several times and was at the Lipseys media event last week. I can tell you the new UC guns are absolutely outstanding. I was especially impressed with the .32 guns. Preliminary ballistics tests were impressive and the recoil was 30% - 40% less that a 642 with GA Arms wadcutters.

pointblank4445

Established
It’s not a limited production or release. It’s an exclusive that is only sold by Lipseys. It was built to their specifications for them only. It will be a continuing SKU in production for the stable future.

Aight then.... comments on social media posts made it seem otherwise.

More referring to the purchasing/reservation process as most of the listed dealers in the zip search really aren't able or knowledgeable on how to procure such an item when available

Ed L

These models look great. But with an initial run of only 10,000 for each of the 4 models, they will sell out fast and leave a lot of people wanting them. I think they underpriced these models at an MSRP $759. Given all of the work and parts put in them compared with the regular models, and given the demand, I think that they could have set the MSRP as $849-$949.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle a bit on the initial rush... but I will have one of the 432s. I have lots of .38 and .357 snubs already, the .32 Long is plenty effective so long as the user has the ability to put them where they need to be, and the extra bean on the wheel is always a plus.

I'll keep my eyes open for one of the .38s. Our LGS is some sort of S&W best friend store so maybe that means we'll get a few in. It seems to cater more to the tactical crowd and revolvers tend to sit so maybe I'll get lucky.

Beju

These models look great. But with an initial run of only 10,000 for each of the 4 models, they will sell out fast and leave a lot of people wanting them. I think they underpriced these models at an MSRP $759. Given all of the work and parts put in them compared with the regular models, and given the demand, I think that they could have set the MSRP as $849-$949.
Lipsey's probably wanted to keep the price down to where it wouldn't start to compete with the scandium J-frames like the M&P 340, which starts at $979.

I'm hoping for a 442UC, but I wouldn't turn down a 642UC if that's what shows up at my small time FFL. He said that he had them on order, but couldn't tell me when or how many he'd get. He told me something asking the lines of, 'the big boys will get them first, so if you see one at a fair price, I won't lose any sleep if you get one from them.'

tlash

Mine’s ordered, and like Beju I don’t know which of the four I’m getting. Since I was having a hard time deciding, Lipsey’s is basically choosing for me by which ever they ship to my local FFL.

I tried a big box corporate store that’s a Lipsey’s dealer, but they can’t do pre-orders. It has to already have a corporate SKU in order for it to be shipped to them to sell to me. A LGS looked into it and was able to get two, which two was a mystery.
Cost was $739.

Beju

tlash, I got told something similar when I asked about preordering at a Range USA a few weeks back.

However, I started poking around online tonight, and I found an out-of-state dealer listing 642UCs online for MSRP +$30 flat rate shipping and FFL transfer fee.

So barring unforeseen difficulties, I'll have a 642UC this coming week.

pointblank4445

Established
OK....so WHERE exactly are these pistols going?
Mine’s ordered, and like Beju I don’t know which of the four I’m getting. Since I was having a hard time deciding, Lipsey’s is basically choosing for me by which ever they ship to my local FFL.

I tried a big box corporate store that’s a Lipsey’s dealer, but they can’t do pre-orders. It has to already have a corporate SKU in order for it to be shipped to them to sell to me. A LGS looked into it and was able to get two, which two was a mystery.
Cost was $739.

Yeah...that's what's driving me nuts. Who is getting these damn pistols????
Rather, where can I go to eventually add a 432 to my cart and send to my FFL?

Beju

OK....so WHERE exactly are these pistols going?

Yeah...that's what's driving me nuts. Who is getting these damn pistols????
Rather, where can I go to eventually add a 432 to my cart and send to my FFL?
3 options if you don't want to wait for steady online availability at MSRP or less:

1: Call/visit gun stores/FFLs in your area with the Lipsey's dealer finder Matt posted. Lipsey's is trying to spread these fairly wide as opposed to stacking them deep at any given dealer. Dealers listing online for MSRP or less are going to sell out quickly. There may be kitchen table FFLs near you who haven't fielded calls about them.

2: Search online listings on gun.deals/Wikiarms for dealers selling for list or less and hope you get lucky like I did (fingers crossed).

3: Search online listings on the aforementioned sites and GunBroker and be willing to pay a markup. There are a couple of places with 642UCs in stock as of this post (Gulf Coast Guns and Guns.com) with lower markups than GunBroker buy it now listings.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
The equivalent of “is the computer ‘on’?” Level assistance…

Yeah that’s proven to be worthless and doesn’t tell me who is getting these. The response from those on the local listed dealers is: “we can try to backorder…‍”
Considering they are currently only available through Lipsey's, providing a dealer guide is step 1.