Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_3846.JPG

Wanted to get a range day in before a blizzard shuts the state down tomorrow. 300 more malfunction-free rounds through RS320B today, bringing the total to just under 1,000 rounds without issue.

One interesting development, the R1 optic on RS320A (with 4,200 rounds through it) has started to flicker on and off when the slide cycles. I know it's not a dead battery as I just changed that yesterday. I'm going to try bending the contacts up a bit to get better engagement - If that doesn't solve the problem, it'll be going to Sig to get fixed.

Additionally, continuing to shoot both of these guns side by side has done nothing but confirm my preference for the Apex trigger kit, as well as appreciation for the ESP magwell. If you have a P320, I highly recommend getting each installed

Sunshine_Shooter

Established
Interesting development on the Romeo, though I guess 4,200 rounds is a decent life span for a slide-mounted optic. Keep us updated on how it shakes out, please.

Is there some secret squirrel stuff you cropped out on the left side? If seems odd that you cut out so much of that gun. Very odd....

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Interesting development on the Romeo, though I guess 4,200 rounds is a decent life span for a slide-mounted optic. Keep us updated on how it shakes out, please.

Is there some secret squirrel stuff you cropped out on the left side? If seems odd that you cut out so much of that gun. Very odd....

Although I'm always a fan of teasing secret squirrel stuff when I have it, not in this case. That's just the slide from RS320A sitting next to the grip module from RS320B. Zoom in on the left edge of the pic, you'll see the recoil spring on the underside of the slide - It's not mounted to any frame

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
According to a post on another forum, having to wait for funds to send the RS320B grip module off for magwell work might actually turn out to be a positive - Sounds like Springer is working on FDE and ODG versions of their magwells. It's a purely aesthetic thing, but if it's possible to get an ODG magwell to match the ODG grip module, I might just go for it...

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_3909.JPG

Looks like I can confirm, I've run into my first significant issue with this platform. The Romeo1 on RS320A (round count 4,200 all with this same optic) is now going out randomly when just sitting in the safe or my holster and doesn't come back on until I unscrew the battery cover and re-tighten it. I know for certain it's not a dead battery. I'll be contacting Sig tomorrow to get it sent in for service, and will update the thread when I hear from them as to what the issue is.

And happy (late) 3/20 day!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
507c all the things!

Hopefully it doesn't come to having to change optics completely. If it does though, I will probably be looking at the Deltapoint Pro for ease of adapting the pre-existing slide cuts. Plus the DPP has a similarly larger sized window that I've come to appreciate on the R1

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Yeah, hopefully you don't need to get new slides. That would be awful

Shouldn't need new slides even if I eventually end up switching optics - The DPP and R1 footprints are substantially similar with the same bolt pattern. The current slides would be easy enough to modify to fit DPPs (if it comes to that)

Once you loctite the comp to the barrel does that mean you cannot remove the barrel from the slide to clean? I am building a similar setup. Your thread has inspired me.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Once you loctite the comp to the barrel does that mean you cannot remove the barrel from the slide to clean? I am building a similar setup. Your thread has inspired me.

Correct. It's still easy enough to clean around without completely removing the barrel from the slide though

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
IMG_3949.JPG

At this point I'm so used to pistols with RDS that it looks dramatically incomplete without it...RS320A's R1 will be in the mail to Sig by tomorrow. Until I get it back and mounted back up, the RS320B top end will be mated to the RS320A grip and FCU. This is precisely why I wanted to have a backup duplicate - I'm not without a functional pistol while things are getting repaired

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
2773A552-502D-4650-8035-51E6B1DB45F4.jpeg

Package received from Sig today, according to the manifest they decided to replace the optic with an entirely new one, which will include their most current generation circuit board and programming updates. Range time scheduled for this evening, will try to drop off the optic with RS320A’s slide tonight to be properly mounted and re-zeroed by my gunsmith.

As soon as my tax refund hits I’ll also be sending off RS320B’s grip module for Springer magwell treatment. Progress soon!

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
21F12FF4-F690-49FE-AE37-3E22D9393BA4.jpeg

300 more rounds through the RS320B top end, currently mated to the RS320A FCU and grip module. Spent time tonight focusing on slidelock and retention reloads. Group shown is about 150 rounds, shot between 5 and 10 yards. The sight on RS320B is still only roughly zeroed, and clearly needs to be adjusted up some for proper POA/POI...

That said the new R1 and RS320A’s top end are with my gunsmith to be properly mounted and zeroed, and they said it should be ready by the end of this weekend

tylerw02

Why are you having your gunsmith zero your pistol? Why not just do it while you’re at the range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Why are you having your gunsmith zero your pistol? Why not just do it while you’re at the range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hand tremors. I’ve never been able to zero handgun optics quite as precisely as I’d like, and the zero is included free with the mount of any optic anyway so might as well