Introducing: Project Nemesis - P320 Roland Special

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I’ve actually stopped following this thread because I’m poor....I SOOO want a RS320!!

HA! Inspiring others to spend money modifying their guns is my favorite pastime. Honestly if you purchased components slowly over time the overall cost of the project could be diffused rather significantly. The most expensive lump sum components (aside from the pistol itself) are the threaded barrel, X300U, and the optic.

Here’s a breakdown of all the components and their costs;

- Sig P320 X-Carry: ~$650, depending on where you buy
- Sig Romeo1 optic: $240
- Sig R1 shroud: $50
- Sig Compact grip module: $40
- Bar-Sto Compact match-grade 1/2x28 threaded barrel, compensator-specific threading: $310 (plus cost for fitting)
- Springer Precision 1/2x28 Shorty compensator: $85
- Springer Precision ESP magwell + Springer installation: $110
- Surefire X300U-B: $270
- Apex flat forward-set trigger kit: $120
- TTI extended base pads: $40 each

So to get a complete pistol set up identical to RS320A, you’re looking at a total of $1,915 plus any additional cost for gunsmith fitting/installation. For RS320B add a couple hundred for the cerakote

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Sorry for the lack of substantive updates lately everyone, I’ve been pretty well bedridden for a while dealing with some medical issues (my lumbar spine is fubar due to genetics). That said, I’ve been using the downtime to put quite a few dryfire trigger pulls on a spot on my ceiling. I guess would that count as #trainlikeyoufight...?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but to those who might be - My apologies for the lack of updates recently, I have been and continue to be dealing with some medical issues with my back that have kept me fairly bedridden/wheelchair-bound for the last couple of months and unfortunately right now all spare funds (save for a custom knife project) are going towards medical costs.

I certainly haven’t given up on finishing out the RS320B build and there are additional builds on my project list for the P320 platform beyond that. Progress and updates will continue once I’m back on my feet and able to allocate funds again

MojoNixon

Established
I’m still here following along. Having had more than my share of medical/health issues I’m hoping everything gets better for you.
I’ve got another round for you to consider trying out.
I picked up 200 rounds of Winchester Ranger Bonded 147 +P. It’s an FBI USMS contract overrun that I hit from SGAmmo for. $23/box of 50 or $220/case of 500.
Functions just as good as Nato Spec 124 thru my comp It is my new carry round since 147+P HST is unobtanium currently.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Thank you gentlemen. I’m doing everything I can to focus on recovery right now. I still have plenty of tricks up my sleeve for the platform once I’m able to get back to it!

Mojo, I’ll give the Ranger 147 +P load a try next time I’m able to make it to the range

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Thanks guys. I’ll still be around and active on the forums, it’s a great distraction to occupy my time with. There just won’t be much progress made on the builds for a little bit. That said the process of helping design/ordering/writing an article on that custom knife project is a little easier to accomplish with limited physical mobility, so I’ll be posting in that thread a bit more actively for the foreseeable future

FSDC-Ken

Quantified Performance
I’ve been lurking. Sorry to hear about your medical issues.

Best wishes for recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike_IA

@rudukai13 are you still running the Gram Engineering/Springer Precision springs and followers? Have you had any issues with them?

Also how have your 170mm and 140mm Springer Precison base plates held up? I am not so sure about there attachment method to the magazine and wanted info before I bought.

Reason I ask is I am issued a 320 and am needing to replace springs in my 21 round mags and looking to add some capacity if I can.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
@rudukai13 are you still running the Gram Engineering/Springer Precision springs and followers? Have you had any issues with them?

Also how have your 170mm and 140mm Springer Precison base plates held up? I am not so sure about there attachment method to the magazine and wanted info before I bought.

Reason I ask is I am issued a 320 and am needing to replace springs in my 21 round mags and looking to add some capacity if I can.

I’m running Grams spring and follower kits in all of my 23- and 27-round mags, yes. They’ve been 100% reliable since I’ve had them.

I haven’t been using Springer base pads for a while, I switched to TTI as I preferred the toolless disassembly and not having to modify the magazine tube (minimally as it may be for the Springer extensions). While I was using the Springer extensions though they were also perfectly reliable and very secure

Mike_IA

Ok, thanks I appreciate the info. A few of my 17s may get springers 30mm extensions as a test bed.

I am also looking at Obsidian Arms +1 Basepad for 21 rounders. Found nothing about them out there.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Ok, thanks I appreciate the info. A few of my 17s may get springers 30mm extensions as a test bed.

I am also looking at Obsidian Arms +1 Basepad for 21 rounders. Found nothing about them out there.

I haven’t heard much about the Obsidian extensions and don’t have any direct experience with them so won’t comment.

What I can say is any combination of tube and base pad that results in a roughly 140mm length (either the OEM 17-round tube and any +5 base pad or the OEM 21-round tube and any +2 base pad) should get Grams 11-coil springs and any combination that results in roughly 170mm length (the OEM 21-round tube and any +5 base pad) should get Grams 13-coil springs. That will give you reliable feeding with enough wiggle room to easily reload a full mag on a closed slide and the Grams followers retain slidelock functionality on empty

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
The second essential component is nearing availability, so figured it would be a good time to start looking into the first. If none of this is making sense, it will as soon as the item from Atlas gets delivered