White light on carbines.

ASH556

Another 12'oclock X300U user here. Simplicity, no extra mounts, ambidextrous, lightweight, compact, lots of power. What's not to like? Oh, and the option of either momentary pressure of constant on with the same, factory switch. I used to run 6PX Tacs in Gear Sector mounts and while that was a nice setup, I feel the pistol light @ 12'oclock has the advantage:

B8F9E834-4C06-4148-B9D4-0DF91604C4FF.jpg

ROMPER

Amateur
Love my Surefire P2X and P3X Fury lights. Pretty much run them all the exact same place. Support side 45 degree angle right about even with the gas return on a mid length. As far as mounts, mix between the VTAC plastic mount and have just started running the Akira keymod metal mounts offered by BCM.

R

regdudedrtyjob

My favorite is an X300 at 12 o'clock. I have been interested in buying the HSP mount that allows the Inforce WML 500 Lumen, and putting that on whatever pool rifle I draw that day.

JimH

I used to be a big fan of a TLR-1 mounted at either 9 or 12 o'clock. That was until the night when RP OP4 me
was running into a dark room, and my sling got caught up in the back side of the TLR-1, jamming the lever in the constant on position.....Of course this was shortly followed by a couple of simmunition filled magazines of hate and wisdom..........and the marks of shame...
Since then, I have used a Surefire 6P or G2 in a VTAC mount at 9 o'clock:
light4_zps2svxrcb3.jpg

I really like the way that the light has a lock out feature, momentary button, and still can be converted to a constant light if need be.

KMo1205

I've got a Surefire G2X in a VTAC holder and another G2X in a ITW SMC mount on my Magpul Forend. Big fan of the momentary on-off. Probably will switch to a Surefire 6 or M600 at some point.

AT Armor

Vendor
@Riafdnal

Matt, figured this was the best place to discuss.

Any discussion / personal observations from your recent swap from the P2 Fury to the P3 on your long gun(s)? Other than "more light is better", have you found the tradeoffs (weight, length, heat, run time) to be worth the swap?

Tanks

voodoo_man

Established
I've been testing various setups - all from Arisaka Defense

UBKXHH0.jpg

That's on a 10.3" DD barrled SBR, to be run with a suppressor.

DFy1aoG.jpg

Above is an Arisaka Defense 300m body with a Malkoff head and a SF tape switch on the opposite end. This setup works really well.

Kdawg2607

Regarding scout lights with the tape switch,

I have a new LMT mono 10.5 with a scout at the 11 0clock and was trying to decide if the 7" or 5" tape switch is a better option. Anyone have insight into this? Trying to avoid paying for shipping twice...

King's_Own

Amateur
X300u mounted at the 3 on a Colt Canada Triad rail. SR07 pressure switch on the 12 of the handguards. Not ideal but I'm somewhat limited by issued kit.

TheTick

Streamlight Pro Tac HL in a left side MOE Scout Mount (originally had a tlr-1) with their V-Block. I use both constant and momentary.

Our PD patrol rifles have Streamlight tlr-1hls mounted at 9 o'clock on the quad rail.