White light on carbines.

Grayman

Established
My shorty has a 12'0 clock X300U and will be getting a Unity Exo soon. Love the switchology and the placement. Lots of light for the size/weight and fits the bill pretty well for an entry role.

My duty rifle is rocking a 9v Fury in a thorntail mount (Sorry Roland ;-). Mounted at the 1030-1100 with original tactical tail cap. No good for constant on but that hasnt proven to be an issue as of yet. The Fury has some serious balls and pushes out a proverbial wall of light. Probably more than is necessary but with some of the rural aspects in my AO it's nice to have the extra reach.

Looking at the DBAL-PL as a possible IR/NV role light on my shorty but that's a discussion for another thread...

WayneF

12 o'clock mounted X300U on most of my rifles. Ambidextrous and light weight option with minimal barrel shadow and concerns about getting the light around cover.

One has a 500 lumen Scout mounted at 1 o'clock with a XT07 switch at 12. That is simply to keep the light out to the way of my DBAL.

ptrlcop

Established
On my SBR: 500 lumen fury in vtac mount.

On my 16inch .308(that sometimes gets run like a carbine) 500lumen scout.

The beam profile is the driving factor in the choice between the two lights. I like a little more throw on the rifle and a little more spill on the SBR.

If I were to pick one for a GP carbine, I think the scout had better available mounting options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20150213_170405_zpsmvgxgjku.jpeg

M600 P (Furyous Scout) in a Larue Offset QD LT725 mount.

I see a lot of people running X300s at the 12 but I've always had my light mount somewhere on the left hand side of the rifle. The spill of the Scout Bezel is glorious though. Really turns night into day in a dark room. Currently rides on my patrol rifle.
The pressure switch reinforces my C-Clamp grip and only takes a few more pounds of pressure to momentarily activate the light. Great for "Flash Bulb" techniques and doing quick checks without totally having a beacon announcing your current location.

the judge

On my work gun (Sig M400), I run an X300U at about the 11 on a Midwest rail attached to the FSB. I had tried the pressure switch and found it didn't work well with the limited real estate we have on the issue MOE handguards so I am back to the toggle switch. So far the X300 has worked out great for us. The advantages of 500 lumen at your fingertips has made me re-think all my work and personal lights.

jaycannon

On my duty gun 500 Lumen Fury in a 9 o'clock mount with clicky tailcap. I'm still working on a solution for the light to work with the DBAL A2 thats on top rail. I used to have the light at 11 o'clock but found that it interfered with where the DBAL. I want to stick with the clicky and the side of the rail its on. I'm habitually familiar with the lights placement so it doesn't affect my ability to activate it, I just want to place it closer to where my support thumb sits on the rail and not have it interfere with the DBAL.

MWS4359

Surefire P2X Fury with a clicky tailcap in a Noveske Keymod ring mounted on the 9:00 flat. Holds the light tight to the angled section of the KMR rail at 10:30. I have my DBAL pressure pad velcroed to the same angled section of rail. For the "switchology" I only need to move my thumb from the flashlight tailcap to the DBAL pressure pad. Nothing else moves.
c98ec1e45b3c946e3a2b8783b0b65896_zps6e6eb783.jpg

Chad H/BC520

Staff member
White Light.jpg

500 Lumen Surefire Fury mounted at 9 o'clock, with the MFAL switch pad under the palm. I had been fighting how to work both systems for a while, and this option Pat showed me has worked the best for me by far. I would prefer the light at the 10-11 o'clock position, but I can't get it clear of the IR illuminator.

PM07

Staff member
Surefire X300U mounted at the 12. I like the versatility of it when I need to go offside. The way I grip my fore grip places it in the perfect position for me. No plans on going the DBAL route anytime soon so I don't see me changing lights. Until the X300holyshitthatisbright comes out anyway.

Joe Halloran

Amateur
A mix of Scout 300/600Us, all either in DC or Larue mounts (one in a cool Unity thing that's waiting for me to get another DBAL to mount on it)...1030 with clicky or 0430 with SR07...house gun has Fury P3X in Larue offset...because fuck light switches...

MattJames

Certified Derpologist
Staff member
I currently have my Recce set up with a 3 o'clock mount 500 Lumen Scout, SR07 switch at 12 oclock. My spare gun is 12 oclock X300U. Overall I like the setups, but would rather have the SR07 on the X300. If I have a preferance, I prefer to run the flashlight below the 3-9 positions to avoid as much gas as possible, and always on the opposite side of the body. I do not care for clicky switch's if I can help it, just never had good luck with them if they are on anything longer then a 7 inch rail.

Joe Halloran

Amateur
Pic for the visual guys...SR07s until I ran out of them, will eventually change all lights to the 4 oclock w/ SR07 mounted at 12...
L to R: Scout 300U in Larue offset w/ SR07, Scout 600U in DC mount w/ SR07, Fury P3 in VTAC with SR07 and XM tailcap (the internet says this isn't supposed to work), Scout 300U in DC mount, Scout 600U in Unity offset/laser thing...I replaced the Larue offset 1 inch mount on the Fury today...because that thing was huge...

10426527_10205257013099292_7190250369799905501_n.jpg

ta2d_cop

I run a Surefire M952V on my patrol rifle at the 3 O'clock with remote pressure switch. I'm looking for a remote duel switch for the rail (SR07) currently to put at the 12 O'clock. I also run a Scout on my SCAR L at 9 O'clock with the click switch tail cap.