What are the good choices in Electronic Earpro?

Looping back around to this topic. I bought a set of Post Safariland TCI DEHP about a year ago and I have to say that I am not as happy with them as the pre-safariland version. The new models are more sensitive and cut off sound at what I perceive to be a lower volume level than the old model. This was especially apparent at Friends of Pat when we were on the 300 range with Freddie Blish and Jeff Gonzalez was doing a carbine course on the 50. I was on the far side of the line from the 50 and the new set kept on clipping out and shutting off amplification. I do not notice this on the older models, but I will be participating in a Steve Fisher class tomorrow and I'm going to A/B the new and old a lot more tomorrow during the class. Overall, I like the audio and response of the TCI product, but the new set seems to be lacking in terms of audio range in comparison to the old set. More to come.

Immediate thoughts from today:

I ran the old set most of the day. I started with the old and ran it through a couple of drills and then switched. The sound on the new set was noticeably different, and it cut out at what I think are lower surrounding volumes than the old set. The volume levels don't seem like they match between the sets, and There are some differences in the frequency response between the two sets. I noticed that certain frequencies sounded louder or softer between the two sets, and I refer the older version's frequency response, I think.

More to come, but there is definitely a noticeable difference in the older and newer TCI DEHP units. I'm going to try to find some MSA units and some Peltor units to compare against the TCI product in the near future.

Moz

I recommend the Howard Leight Impact Sports to just about everyone that doesn't need comms or helmet compatibility. I have three pair in my range bag, because invariably when doing "recreational shooting" with friends/family....some one doesn't bring earpro.

I've had them for about 7 years. Durable, comfortable, good battery life.

They are regularly $40 on Amazon.

I just recently received a set of the Peltor Tactical 100 and I've used them about a dozen times. Not really enough to say more than "so far, I like them".