1b0e21e439cc885b6a1e79affd457daa.jpg

Kitchen Gun
9e9827c260dd0e86c1afe7174e90a3db.jpg

Foyer Gun
a8bd29388cde423cbeeb8b9fbc870eb0.jpg

Shitter Gun
775ea34492fd50737e30ad4e5981370a.jpg

See the pattern?

AR-15's kill people. They are not modern sporting rifles, they are slicked up to effeiently kill human beings. Embrace them for the death machines that they are.

I subscribe to this method as well , but mainly due to being grossly unorganized , an apocalyptic hoarder, and living in the country where I may need to pop a coon in the chickens, or something like that.

With that said, I would question if the ability of a copper thieve to get a rifle in any room of your house as being safer, the argument has been made and I see the logic that a firearm always on your hip is much safer to all then them laying around all over.

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
I actually live in a very safe gated community, so break in's are not a big concern. We have not had a single one in several years.

I'm more worried about retribution for my career choice. So I would expect 2-4 guys with rifles and/or shotguns. If they are smart the will just hit me with a guage through a window after spotting me through crack in the blinds or something. If they go the smash in the front and back door at the same time route, i'm gonna get 1 or 2 before they hit the kill switch, more if I have time to bleed out.

Either way, if I'm deliberately targeted I'm a goner, but the cops better find me in a pool of blood and brass.

I actually live in a very safe gated community, so break in's are not a big concern. We have not had a single one in several years.

I'm more worried about retribution for my career choice. So I would expect 2-4 guys with rifles and/or shotguns. If they are smart the will just hit me with a guage through a window after spotting me through crack in the blinds or something. If they go the smash in the front and back door at the same time route, i'm gonna get 1 or 2 before they hit the kill switch, more if I have time to bleed out.

Either way, if I'm deliberately targeted I'm a goner, but the cops better find me in a pool of blood and brass.

You must be a divorce Attorney?

OPTactical

Vendor

I think in a case like yours, mine, and those like us anyone putting forth the effort to actually interdict would conduct a VI rather than hit you where you are best armed and possibly have surveillance they don't know about. After ISIS claimed they were going to target enemies I sat down and did a vulnerability assessment of my life style and that seemed like the easiest spot in pattern of life to take any of us down. That said, nothing spreads fear more than audacity and showing the will to strike where the family FEELS safest.

Bronson

Fury
I don't have rifles pre-staged.

I just walk around with a rifle or shotgun slung front, and most times with my LBE. (Then again I was that dude on COP's and FOB's with LBE on explaining to Mayors / CSM's/ LTC's that their risk assessments and security postures were wrong.)

When I'm doing PT or sleeping or pooping I'll downgrade, but they are always within reach immediately.

Mortar

Amateur
Have a bedside Rifle, Shotgun and Glock. Random handguns staged in a couple rooms. I live off the beaten path, and obviously don't have Roland's career path.

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
I don't have rifles pre-staged.

I just walk around with a rifle or shotgun slung front, and most times with my LBE. (Then again I was that dude on COP's and FOB's with LBE on explaining to Mayors / CSM's/ LTC's that their risk assessments and security postures were wrong.)

When I'm doing PT or sleeping or pooping I'll downgrade, but they are always within reach immediately.
Sarcasm?

KevinB

Woe to the fool who tries to conduct at DA at Rolands...

I have young kids - while the 5year old is good, my 3year old daughter knows everything and would be trying to better her shooting in the backyard first chance she'd get if we had the layered defense initiative going on.

That said I have two dogs, and always a gun on me, long guns are around - just not as visible/accessible as Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner above...

WayneF

If I am awake and wearing pants there is a pistol on. AR is staged in the bedroom along with a pistol that is mounted to platform on on my bed. I also keep a stocked IFAK in there as that is the strong room. There is a shotty hidden away in the living room that I can access without being seen from the front door or windows.

Daytime home invasions are becoming the norm in my area but most are targeted towards shitheads. With advance notice I will have time to grab the gauge, if not then I have the blaster. Night time, the dog prowls the house while we are in the bedroom.

Luckily I live on a dead end road with 3 out of 6 houses belonging to cops, one a family member, and of course one rental full of shitheads. We have essentially made their "visitors" very uncomfortable. Anyone coming down the road is greeted by someone asking who they are there to see or if they are lost.

Simms65

Shenanigans!
Staff member
Administrator
I live kinda in the boonies. If I have pants on, I have a pistol on. I have pistols staged in a few places, a loaded gauge in my safe in my office, and a pistol + SBR (both with lights and cans) in the bedroom. It probably helps my one neighbor is as crazy as I am, and the cruiser in the driveway sends a pretty good "go away" message.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Blaster on if my pants are on - word of wisdom from M4Guru in the old LF days.

If no pants, stash the blaster next to me for the temporary non worn status. Night time I just stash the blaster on the night stand, sometimes with a extended mag on board.

Rifle is usually near by. Condition 3 (empty chamber loaded mag) with sling on it and T-1 turned on. I figure that 28 rounds out of a rifle can change the tempo long enough for my wife to get kids to safety or for me to change the oppositions mind. I really need to get a PMAG 40 loaded up to replace the in gun mag with.

Chuck Haggard

Agile/Training and Consulting
Staff member
I dig Claude Werner's react to a midnight door kick, it involved donning a mask and rolling a CS canister at the bad guy's direction of entry and making them fight in a cloud of gas if they wanted to stay and fight.

I had a similar plan for quite awhile, involving OC sting ball grenades, but work made me give those back so it's OC bug bombs now.

I tend to be wearing a handgun or two at all times while awake

MG6

Things I've thought about, since it would take presidential secret security to keep you really safe.

Do you have a dog, easily poisoned

Do you have a dog door

Could someone ambush you getting in or out of your garage/driveway?

Could you be easily ambushed while driving or at a red light

Since you are most secure while in your home, could you be brought or flushed out if your power or water shut off, or if there was a fire?

If single or a couple you would hunger down in place but what if there are young children across the house?

What's the balance, with kids, of handgun safety vs accessibility? In a quick access safe? Unchambered? Just hidden and out of reach? Do most cops & civilians have much greater risk from kids accessing them than the time delay of keeping them inaccessible?