Options on where to send my slide for RMR cut?

danno762

Amateur
Quantified Performance
+1 for ATEi Pro cut, my 19 is basically perfect. Though they mill the slide to fit one specific RMR, Chuck P said on one of his Q&As that he has interchanged RMRs on pro cut slides with some effort. Their melonite refinish is very high quality as well, better than factory.

If you think you might want extra serrations, bite the bullet and get them, I wish I had.

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
+1 for Doug at ATEi. Went pro cut on my g19 back in dec '15. The fit is very tight still requires working the RMR out of the pocket for battery changes. Having a fitted pocket to a specific RMR basically supports the body and takes the shear stress off the fasteners, so their only job is holding the MRDS to the slide. Also the fasteners are cut to a slightly finer thread pitch than whats supplied by Trij. Make sure to mark the allen key so they aren't stripped during maint, which sucks fyi LOL.

There are a few other companies that do good work according to our more experienced members, my only experience is with ATEi.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CK837

Amateur
I can also testify to ATEi's work. My Sig P320 slide they did for my work gun holds zero with the Pro Cut. It's that tight. I've taken it on and off several times to test the return to zero. Their machine work is second to none.

nightchief

Fighter of the Daychief
Piling on...ATEi.
The pro cut on my Glock is incredibly tight. Might be able to hold zero without any screws. The slide serrations and re-finishing are also excellent.

CK837

Amateur
Piling on...ATEi.
The pro cut on my Glock is incredibly tight. Might be able to hold zero without any screws. The slide serrations and re-finishing are also excellent.
I have to agree about the refinish. I actually think the finish work on my P320 slide was better when I got it back than it was from the factory.

tact

Zeroed In Armory. Excellent pricing and super quick turnaround. ATEi is overpriced these days. There are several vendors now offering the same level of quality for quicker turnaround and priced very well.

2df443426d1d405f29f5b819fcfb8e4e.jpg

djsticky

Amateur
I'll +1 ATEi also. Choose the pro cut for all the reasons @Slim mentioned. It took a lot of effort to get my RMR out once I removed the screws. After two battery swaps the most I've ever had to input on rezeroing is 3 clicks of elevation. Refinishing on point, serrations on point, Doug has been doing this for a long time, he's figured it out.

ATEi received my slide on November 1 and I got it back on January 9. The slide already had full side and top serrations from Atei and I had them do the pro cut and PVD FDE refinish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk