Options on where to send my slide for RMR cut?

Wake27

I actually chose ATEi because of their serrations, not the optic cut. I hate the extra shit most other companies do and the fact that most of their front serrations didn’t match the rear. Being the gold standard didn’t hurt though. I had them do the universal cut and have been very pleased by it. I don’t beat the hell out of my gun, but I believe that the universal cut (if done by Doug) would be good enough for most people. Even if I don’t mount an optic on a future Glock, Doug will very likely get the slide for the enhanced serrations alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Mayeur

Primary Machine is on par with the best.

I sent my slide off in December 2017, received it in January 2018 after having an optic cut and black nitride applied. The pocket was cut specific to my RMR RM01. While it is a snug fit, it also fits my RM06.

Be wary of those cutting slides for optics. Everyone wants to think they are a machinist, when they are really just a hobbyist.

David Mayeur

This is my Glock 34 that was milled by Primary Machine after 1 year of hard use. I swapped the RMR RM01 Type 1 & Battle Werx Plate with a RMR RM06 Type 2 & Trijicon Seal Plate. The battery was never changed in that 1 year, nor was it cleaned. The gunk in the holes is threadlocker.

46767675071_530279ac17_b.jpg

39802258113_f96b325d85_b.jpg

32892062708_c7b42e41f2_b.jpg

39802278533_b7314f8cae_b.jpg

Yondering

Mark Housel (sp?) at L&M Machine milled my first Glock RMR slide about 7 years ago and did an excellent job; I'd send another to him without hesitation if I wasn't machining my own. He's been milling slides since the early days of this setup and knows what he's doing.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
ATEi is top of the list but Mark Housel at L&M does greatbwork too. there was a time when it was only Doug or Mar doing this and both shared the market share. Doug expanded Mark just works by himself. A buddy just got his 17 done at Marks place. Under two weeks. A lot of guys around here use him over Doug because he’s local to the Bragg area now. Three guys at work got guns done there.

Artk1982

Zeroed In Armory. Excellent pricing and super quick turnaround. ATEi is overpriced these days. There are several vendors now offering the same level of quality for quicker turnaround and priced very well.

2df443426d1d405f29f5b819fcfb8e4e.jpg
I'm thinking about sending my 17 to them. How is the fitment of rmr? My 19 was done by jagerwerks and it is amazing just don't want to wait 2 months to get it back

Zeroed In Armory. Excellent pricing and super quick turnaround. ATEi is overpriced these days. There are several vendors now offering the same level of quality for quicker turnaround and priced very well.

2df443426d1d405f29f5b819fcfb8e4e.jpg
I have been considering them for Gen 3 G19 I have. How is the fit of the rmr? Are the tolerances as tight as what's being mentioned about ATEi's work?