Nightforce NX8

Oooh...the new 3GR reticle. I wrestled with going G4B or waiting for 3GR. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the dual-red dot feature and how it plays at closer ranges.

The Kahles eyebox is awesome, and it's no secret that the NX8 is a little less forgiving due to its dimensions.

evanrocks

WARLORD
I've shot once with it and only began to get a feel for it. For dry practice I'm liking it. I'll get to an indoor range this week and use it more from 5-25 yards. I'll also try to get some time on the NX8 and post up about it. I'll be limited to smaller target transitions, something like Frank Proctor's Eye of the Tiger drill.

jschulz

Network Support I
I just got mine in last week but I haven't had a chance to hit the range yet, hopefully this weekend. Dryfire practice has been nice. Cranked up to 8x it is not nearly as forgiving in the eyebox but if I crank it up that far, I won't be running and gunning with it.

Ben H

Amateur
WARLORD
I just got mine in last week but I haven't had a chance to hit the range yet, hopefully this weekend. Dryfire practice has been nice. Cranked up to 8x it is not nearly as forgiving in the eyebox but if I crank it up that far, I won't be running and gunning with it.
that's how pretty much any scope / optical instrument with a zoom will function. Its the 1x that needs to be forgiving for quick acquisition or abnormal rifle positions. I'm going to run with the assumption (until proven otherwise) that it will hold up with normal wear and tear. How does the dot fare outdoors / in bright sunlight? Anyone have a lens clarity comparison to other scopes at distance? ... or any other function for that matter ....

evanrocks

WARLORD
that's how pretty much any scope / optical instrument with a zoom will function. Its the 1x that needs to be forgiving for quick acquisition or abnormal rifle positions. I'm going to run with the assumption (until proven otherwise) that it will hold up with normal wear and tear. How does the dot fare outdoors / in bright sunlight? Anyone have a lens clarity comparison to other scopes at distance? ... or any other function for that matter ....
The NX8 dot is freaking bright. I'm not a glass guru or a glass snob, but it's very clear at distance. The Atacr should be even more so. I'd like to get some pictures (from my phone only, sorry) of the NX8 on 8 power.

jschulz

Network Support I
I only have a phone for taking pics so not sure how quality they would be. And oh yeah, I fully understand why there is a difference between 1x and 8x, just saying it is very noticeable, why I said I wouldn't be taking quick snap shots on 8x anyway. As to your brightness question, there are 10 different settings and on the brightest it is more than bright enough outside in bright 75* April sun. All of my other NF glass has been damn near indestructible so I'm hopeful that the NX8 will hold up.