Handstops vs VFG vs Slick

rob_s

VFGs here. Up until now they've been the Tango Down stubby, with the cap removed, on picatinny rails and the Magpul MOE on the ... MOE handguards.

Making the change to Keymod now, and so using the BCM vert grips accordingly. One gun will get the one that comes off with a few twists, and the other two guns will get the one that attaches with a wrench. The twist version is going on the gun that I'll use for matches so that it can be removed for any matches where there's a dump barrel.

I use the VFG for a hand stop, index, and to hook onto things, chief of which is my weak-side wrist for unconventional positions a-la-Kyle Lamb.

JD Williams

I have been through some fore grips and now run slick. I can see how some folks with wrist issues would greatly benefit from the more natural / comfortable positions afforded by various grips and hand stops.

I have found value in being able to work the entire rail fore and aft with my non firing hand in different shooting positions but do miss the leverage of a grip in some circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaltesherz

Been using VFG's even before I was issued an an M4, as I used a full size Tango Down on my M249 and it made a massive improvement in handling. When I got back stateside TD Stubby's came out and I've been using them on my personal and issue weapons. I tried BCM's stubby KeyMod on my SBR KRM but prefer the TD profile.

I find VFG's really help handling plus they're easier on my wrist when carrying at the low ready or low position for extended periods of time. Also helps keep my hand in the right spot to activate my PEQ-15.

CrazyDoc

Amateur
I run slick but will be adding a Dbal soon so that might change. I've tried VFG and AFG have not tried a hand stop yet. So far I prefer slick.

Toole

patriot_man

Slick. Even more so with the new M-LOK handguards coming out.

I've found to be more accurate offhand with a slick handguard and I believe this is mainly due to the forearm being closer to the mid-line of the rifle thus gaining bone support and a more stable shooting stance.

Only time I will run a VFG is on a short handguard.