Glock Magwell

Riight112

Debating between the SAI/VTAC magwell and the Agency Arms one. I know the Sentinel Design one is popular and well designed, but I am looking to run aftermarket baseplates (Vickers, 10-8). Any insight/experience with either is appreciated.

K Williams

I've got the Zev slim for a gen4 Glock19. Works well, conceals ok, but I don't like the angle on the front side of the magwell. Getting it milled off.
Looking forward to release of the Agency Arms product for same gun.

Tricks

Amateur
I don't have one but I have shot and played with theAgency Arms magwell. I really liked it on the G 19 it on.

I have a Dawson Ice on one Glcok 22 for competition and an SAI/VTAC on a modified Gen 4 17. I really like it so far, however I just had it done a few weeks ago and will hopefully get to the range this weekend. Vickers baseplates seat but you must be deliberate with your reload for them to seat consistantly.... I'll post more once I have round down range thru it.

PlasticMag

Amateur
The only one I know of that fits the Vickers base plates are the SAI/VTAC and the Suarez knockoff of the same. As KrazyKiddJoe said, they seat but you must be deliberate (I smack them in with my palm).

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Mike Griffin and Clint Lynch designed the Sentinel Magwell to work with aftermarket base plates. I have it on a Gen 3 G22 and have test fit it with the Glock +2 and Arredondo +5/6. It works well with both of them.

For a magwell, it is concealable.

WDPD8207

Amateur
Anybody have any experience with the agency glock magwell + vickers baseplates?
I don't have experience with the Vickers baseplates, however I have used the 10-8 Performance ones with success.

Prior to putting the Agency magwell on the G19 Gen 4 the mags would drop free. After adding it, the mags didn't drop as freely and I found at times I would need to strip them out. The stock baseplates didn't offer much to grab on to so I tried the 10-8 Performance ones with success. They are wider and have cutouts that are easy to grasp.

Overall, I like the Agency magwell, but I have not found any real benefit by having it on my gun. It is low profile and I can conceal it easily but I could also live without it.

NickDrak

Amateur
ordered a ZEV Pro Magwell for my G19 Gen 4. Anyone have any experience with those?

I have one on my Gen4 G17.

The funnel of the Zev PRO is the widest and most functional of any of the low-profile Glock magwells that are geared towards concealed carry.

I run 10-8 Performance baseplates on all of my Glock mags and the Zev PRO magwell doesn't offer much room to grab onto the baseplate to rip out stuck mags. With the factory baseplates its almost impossible to grab onto them.

IMO, Its really a shame Zev decided to go with a "Universal" (Gen3 & Gen4) design instead of making them Generation specific. The large round head cap screw that sticks out of the back of the grip takes away from the otherwise slick design from a strictly aesthetics point of view. They should have made it Gen specific so a set screw could have been used instead which would have looked much cleaner.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
...I run 10-8 Performance baseplates on all of my Glock mags and the Zev PRO magwell doesn't offer much room to grab onto the baseplate to rip out stuck mags. With the factory baseplates its almost impossible to grab onto them...

This is exactly why I think the Sentinel Designs magwell (now the RCS Freya) is the only one worth considering for duty or concealed use; to the best of my knowledge, it's the only one that allows you to get at a factory mag if/when stuck.

- Jake

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
https://primaryandsecondary.com/rcs-freya/

Raven Concealment Systems: Freya
January 23, 2016 / Matt Landfair /

This past week Raven Concealment Systems (RCS) unveiled a redesigned magwell previously under the Sentinel Design banner. Freya (also spelled Freyja in some circles) is a lusty and deadly Norse goddess (NOTE: since I am not writing this for Breach Bang Clear I will not refer to the connection between a lusty goddess and a magwell), Freya is also the name of the new solid aluminum machined RCS magwell.

The Freya is available for Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 32, 34, 35 Gen 3, and Glock 19, 23, 32 Gen 4. The Gen 4 version is not compatible with backstraps, i.e. you can only run the Freya bareback… strap.

Installation is simple. It only took about two minutes to install and enjoy. Insert plug, fasten plug into place via a screw, affix baseplate, fasten baseplate to plug by different screw. I hope I did not ruin your future experience. Removal also takes a little time, not that you need or want to remove it. No foreseeable negatives with the system: it does not cause noticeable printing and no additional discomfort.

I wore the Freya installed on my Roland Special (that’s a tricked out Glock 19 for you uninitiated types) in an appendixed RCS Vanguard3 for several hours while driving home from SHOT Show without issue. The other positives I have noticed: since I have larger hands, the wider mouth of the magwell does not allow my hand to get pinched on reloads. The Freya provides a better grip due to the slightly wider shape of the magwell. Reloads do not need to be as precise with the Freya (because that’s what flaired magwells do).

The Freya is compatible with OEM as well as multiple aftermarket baseplates.

MSRP will be around $100. Estimated release April of 2016.

Additional discussion about the Freya and other RCS products can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PrimarySecondary/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoviceSecondary/

As well as random show off pictures, because I can, here:

https://www.instagram.com/primaryandsecondary/

Mike_IA

Necro post but figured this was the best place to ask:

Has anyone compared the ALG Flared Magwell the the RC Freya? This would be for a CCW Glock 32 or 19.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
If you're going to use factory or other flat baseplates, RCS is the only option. The ALG is a great magwell, but without mag extensions on EVERY mag, good luck pulling that mag out if/when it doesn't drop free (malfunction time).

- Jake