External Armor carrier options | Page 2 | Primary & Secondary

External Armor carrier options

Discussion in 'Armor' started by Fatboy, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Fatboy

Fatboy Established

@SQUID

Ever have anyone grab that pull ring in a fight an unzip your carrier? Out of curiosity, what would happen if they did?

And as an update for everyone, we recently stumbled into to outer carriers from Paraclete that were federal overruns. Multiple sizing options available, Molle based, extra pouches with a cummerbund and Velcro patches. Only issue is no pocket for plates. But it makes a good option for range stuff as well as quick grab and go times.

Best part of that vest is that they were free, so most of us that have them are making them work until better options come along that gets approved for daily patrol use.

2. SQUID

SQUID Newbie

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Arete

Arete Member

I run a keyfob on mine, never a problem for the past 2 yrs wearing the EVC, nor during all the years I wore a jumpsuit.

4. Txsapper

Txsapper Newbie

Most of our Officers have some sort of pull tab on the zipper to make it easier to put on/take off. I've never had any issues and can't think of anyone else who has either.

Squid - thanks for the review. I'll stick with the tried and true. You mentioned the Bothell Carrier. Is it that much different than the Oregon City Carrier?

5. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Member

Bothell doesn't have molle on the upper half like the Oregon City

SQUID likes this.
  6. Fatboy

Fatboy Established

Cool. I only ask because at various times I've had guys grab my hand Mic, my mags (he got one out and threw it), and taser (tried to get it out but couldn't figure out the retention) so it stood out as a place to reach for when fighting or rolling around with Johnny Dirtbag.

7. SQUID

SQUID Newbie

Sure, it absolutely could be used as a 'pull point', along with everything else on the vest. I like it as a way under stress to unzip my vest and get to a backup weapon (internal pouch) or address a wound if need be.

8. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Member

@SQUID

OMG - I may have just squirted a little. THAT is the carrier I've been looking for or trying to have built for TWO years. Now to just be able to afford one!

9. SQUID

SQUID Newbie

They are not as expensive as most, but very durable and versatile. It's also very nice on hot days like this to be able to take it off at the station while doing paperwork.

Txsapper and Fatboy like this.
  10. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Member

Good. Johnny occupying your shit with his hands is a gift...because that hand isn't doing other things like blocking your hand from occupying his shit ;)

11. Fatboy

Fatboy Established

Agreed. I just wish they'd leave the Mic alone. Although I have used one as an impact weapon before after it was pulled loose, so there is that...

I was told the radio transmissions were garbled but funny. (Something like static....fucking...ground....static...hands....static.....stop.....static....):D