Where's the beef?

quasimojo

I have subscribed to Primary and Secondary for awhile, mostly lurking and posting questions or an opinion from time to time. I have no problem with the forum content or the population or the moderators, they've all been spot on and a boon the the firearm community, thank you collectively for your wisdom and your efforts.

My issue right now is with the FB and Twitter firearm related population. I'm giving you all a collective WTF? I quit FB entirely 3 weeks ago when I saw that Chad Albrecht and SOTAR had been deplatformed over there, mostly based on principle and the fact that the overt censorship of the second amendment community was a step to far for to long. I felt, Chad and all of the rest of these guys at least have other platforms that they can build on even if, initially, they arent as commercially impactful as FB or twitter.

So I abandoned FB, and good riddance I say! But on arriving here and other platforms I see placeholder stubs for some of the groups I followed but almost no content in them. Certainly no content coming from the folks that complained that FB pogroms were cutting them out of their accounts, groups, and right to speak...

It's disappointing that these content creators insist on staying with their abusive partner instead of cutting and running, or minimally at least dual posting to other platforms. I know that you're going to say it's just not easy for these businesses to up and leave from a financial and marketing standpoint. It's also not easy for beaten wives to leave their abusive husbands for the same financial reasons, but they do it because they have to.

I love SOTAR, SOLGW, FCD, Mr. Guns n Gear, Greg, Claude, FPC, and many many more. But you guys need to pay a little more attention to your 'contingency' plan and start making it a reality instead of a contingency. You won't achieve that until you deprioritize FB and Twitter.

Thanks and I eagerly await the same announcements, offers, posts and general care and feeding that I used to enjoy on the other platform. Support the 2nd and 1st!

Pat Smith
Formerly James Beam on FB

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
The first reason why there is little content in the additional groups is, We literally just added these within the week lol. The second reason is there is only so much time in the day for those already doing full time work+, family, classes, ect. 3rd is that most who still have abilities on the most popular platform/s they are on will continue as long as they can. Yes fb has pinched alot of people and groups, but not anywhere near all of them yet.

In time the forum will continue to spark to bigger life, but that will again take some time. It's already had a large induction of new members following the groups over.

Hope that at least partially answers
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

quasimojo

I have subscribed to Primary and Secondary for awhile, mostly lurking and posting questions or an opinion from time to time. I have no problem with the forum content or the population or the moderators, they've all been spot on and a boon the the firearm community, thank you collectively for your wisdom and your efforts.

My issue right now is with the FB and Twitter firearm related population. I'm giving you all a collective WTF? I quit FB entirely 3 weeks ago when I saw that Chad Albrecht and SOTAR had been deplatformed over there, mostly based on principle and the fact that the overt censorship of the second amendment community was a step to far for to long. I felt, Chad and all of the rest of these guys at least have other platforms that they can build on even if, initially, they arent as commercially impactful as FB or twitter.

So I abandoned FB, and good riddance I say! But on arriving here and other platforms I see placeholder stubs for some of the groups I followed but almost no content in them. Certainly no content coming from the folks that complained that FB pogroms were cutting them out of their accounts, groups, and right to speak...

It's disappointing that these content creators insist on staying with their abusive partner instead of cutting and running, or minimally at least dual posting to other platforms. I know that you're going to say it's just not easy for these businesses to up and leave from a financial and marketing standpoint. It's also not easy for beaten wives to leave their abusive husbands for the same financial reasons, but they do it because they have to.

I love SOTAR, SOLGW, FCD, Mr. Guns n Gear, Greg, Claude, FPC, and many many more. But you guys need to pay a little more attention to your 'contingency' plan and start making it a reality instead of a contingency. You won't achieve that until you deprioritize FB and Twitter.

Thanks and I eagerly await the same announcements, offers, posts and general care and feeding that I used to enjoy on the other platform. Support the 2nd and 1st!

Pat Smith
Formerly James Beam on FB

The first reason why there is little content in the additional groups is, We literally just added these within the week lol. The second reason is there is only so much time in the day for those already doing full time work+, family, classes, ect. 3rd is that most who still have abilities on the most popular platform/s they are on will continue as long as they can. Yes fb has pinched alot of people and groups, but not anywhere near all of them yet.

In time the forum will continue to spark to bigger life, but that will again take some time. It's already had a large induction of new members following the groups over.

Hope that at least partially answers
Cheers

Slim, I won't argue your reply... I very much hope it is true. The folks I follow I spent years winnowing wheat from the chafe just to find the ones worth listening to. I want them to come here and I want them to succeed... I hope that what you say is true and that they start building out their new platforms.

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
That is the goal of P&S. Whether others want to migrate over, even in a limited capacity, is their choice. Hopefully they do because forums are going to make a comeback with those seeking information and discussion.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Look at the subscriber numbers of our YouTube and IG channels - look at how many followers our fb page has - real info isn't popular. Most people in the gun community are an observer and not a participant. Those that understand what the loss of Facebook means are already here. Those that will notice others have jumped here will follow soon. Those that are just looking to look good for others will be left behind due to their own inaction and will no longer have the network connections they had due to no longer having Facebook.

These communities & P&S have similar demographics. We are natural partners. We have real estate in a good percentage of the gun community that makes good decisions with purchases and seek smart training.

I am happy with the community we have here now. We can be supported. We also have a stronger signal with less noise when we have a majority of members who are both actual users and critical thinkers.