What should I do if RCS doesn't make the holster I need?

CTmike

I carry in a RCS Phantom IWB with Ravens offset wings struts and soft loops setup. I just randomly gave it a try one day because if RCS charged that much for it I bet it's pretty good. And, it was. It works well for me caring just behind my strong side hip quite well. for me it is fast, comfortable and conceals rather well. I have tried appendix and just cannot make it work for me.

Problem is that P&S has turned me on to the RMR. So now that I have and want to EDC my RMR'd Glock I go to find the corresponding holster and they don't make it. They have the phantom with RMR but only in a zero cant. I tried one of those and it just doesn't fit the bill. I need a canted version.

So, as I see it I have a few options. Look beyond Raven concealment, which I'd rather avoid. Attempt to get Raven to make me a one off, not sure they will (I haven't tried yet) or buy a canted non RMR phantom and get to cutting to make it fit the RMR.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
They do have a custom shop. Reach out to them to seee what they can offer.

CTmike

Jake, I failed to mention I carry with a light. TLR1 HL. But your right, this is all hopefully a stopgap until the light bearing Eidilon finally comes out.

By the way your Aeigis belt is the shit. Best EDC belt I've ever owned, all my others collect dust now.

JRude

Amateur
I'm happy with my vg3 for my rmr17 with x300u. The cant is not as highly adjustable as the eidolon, but it is adjustable.

CTmike

I'm happy with my vg3 for my rmr17 with x300u. The cant is not as highly adjustable as the eidolon, but it is adjustable.
I have a VG3 as well. That was my first attempt to solve this issue. It doesn't fit this specific need for me.

CTmike

They do have a custom shop. Reach out to them to seee what they can offer.

Today's response from RCS.

Hi Michael

Thank you for your interest in our Phantom holsters.

Unfortunately, the holster you are looking for would be in our custom web stie.
Raven is not currently taking custom orders.

It maybe several months before we resume.

Thank you
K

Default.mp3

Established
You can try canting it by simply putting the attachments on in an offset, which is what I do, i.e., mount the attachments in an asymmetric fashion, so that when looking at it normally, one side has the attachments higher than the other. It may work, depending on the attachment you choose, your belt, and the cant you're looking for.

leozinho

I carry in a RCS Phantom IWB with Ravens offset wings struts and soft loops setup. I just randomly gave it a try one day because if RCS charged that much for it I bet it's pretty good.

buy a canted non RMR phantom and get to cutting to make it fit the RMR.

1. I had heard of that marketing strategy, but didn't know it actually works. "Let's charge a lot for it, so people just assume its quality."

2. I think you answered your own question.

3. I liked those Magpul videos too, but there are companies other than RCS that make good stuff. Some might have exactly what you are looking for. But I'd just cut down the holster you already have. It will work with your non-RMR Glock as well. Problem solved.

CTmike

Yea, I'm not sure what made me really try the wings, struts and soft loops. I think I wanted the struts and loops to try out for a tuckable IWB and decided to chuck in the wings to give them a shot.

Whatever it was, it was a blessing because it's a very comfortable and sturdy setup. I am yet to meet anyone else who carries in this method.