UW Gear: Any Good?

• Thread starter Titanium Nitride
  • Start date
T

Titanium Nitride

Hello fellows.

New user here, if I am asking this question in the wrong place, please let me know.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the chest rigs from UW Gear.

I'm on a budget, and not really looking for anything too complicated, so their stuff seems appealing.

If they're not that great, or you know of something better for someone in my situation, I'd greatly appreciate you letting me know.

Hello fellows.

New user here, if I am asking this question in the wrong place, please let me know.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the chest rigs from UW Gear.

I'm on a budget, and not really looking for anything too complicated, so their stuff seems appealing.

If they're not that great, or you know of something better for someone in my situation, I'd greatly appreciate you letting me know.
No experience with UW Gear, but the BFG 10 speed is well renowned and 90 bucks

https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-speed-m4-chest-rig.html

T

Titanium Nitride

No experience with UW Gear, but the BFG 10 speed is well renowned and 90 bucks

https://www.blueforcegear.com/ten-speed-m4-chest-rig.html
Thanks for the recommendation. This seems to be just about the same as the UW, but coming from a company I have heard of and know has a good track record. Only downside with the BF rig here seems to be that it has 2 less mag. capacity than the more expensive version of the UW. That probably isn't really a concern for me though, and the BF rig has more molle/pals space to make up for it.

ammomfg

Network Support I
wtf? I looked at "UW Gear"s website, says it takes them 3-5 months to make up your rig. Yea, I'd go BFG, BDS, or Tac-Tailor. If you're looking for something that's more or less a stand-alone chest rig, you might look at the Warrior Assault Gear 901, you can upgrade it later with a front plate, and they also have a back-piece which can carry a plate as well.

If you really just wanna spend the minimum dollars... LAPG has a rig for $60 https://www.lapolicegear.com/bpg-55sf00-split-rig.html

patriot_man

Spiritus Systems also makes a good chest rig for comparable prices. Not only that but you can add on things down the road as time goes on.

krax

Network Support I
There's nothing inherently wrong with anything from UW, just nothing special. The closures on the mag pouches are nice if you're storing thing other than mags.

Yours is not an easy question to answer because it lacks context. We have no idea what you want a chest rig for, so it's hard to recommend the right one. Help us help you.

The BFG one SmElly recommended is good, unless you want to keep mags stored in it, in which case I'd go with something less reliant on elastic.

Spiritus is good, but their main rig expands outward to the front which is usually undesired, and the cost of putting one together adds up. Their Bank Robber is a nice minimal setup, but you'll probably want to use it more as an augment to some other load carriage "system".

Hey bro..I personally have no experience with UW Gear. But the Tactical Response dudes seem to love their stuff. Gary Marr just posted a video review of a chest rig from them..