Ulticlip Review

ImBatman

I'm on a boat!
I've been playing with around with the Ulticlip strut for the last month and it's time to write a review on it.

Expectations- This was not going to be a replacement for 24/7 carry for me. I came into this knowing it was to fit only a few mission needs for me, namely NPE work and times I'm without a proper belt.

Setup- I'm running the Ulticlip in conjunction with some custom Kydex from Greenforce Tactical for my Smith 442. For NPE with the clip attached to my pants and under a belt there's no holster visible even with my shirt tucked. Due to the straight design of the Ulticlip strut I needed two spacers to give clearance past the cylinder, but this did not lead to instability or anything else.

Experience- I've gone on multiple long drives and a month or so of carry on and off (predominantly at home or around the neighborhood), in addition to my regular 442 dry fire. I've not had the holster come with the gun on a single draw, and with anything short of a thin thin pair of tights I don't believe that the j hook won't catch even if the clamp system failed. The gun has not shifted or sagged as long as the material of my shorts is sturdy with decent drawstrings, even during walking or yard work. My gun can be carried in the same place be it NPE in board shorts or eidolon and a proper belt. The J hook design is posted in my second picture, and it is a very good design.

Recommendation- I think this is a hard setup to beat for NPE work and times without a belt. There's less to fight to get to the gun such as a smart carry setup, and it's cheaper than a standalone rig such as a Runcible Works YP holster. I wouldn't make this my 24/7 carry setup, for that I will stay with my soft loops, but for the occasional carry it is working phenomenally.

cedcadb8ab626bc9a2b1c1558a9cc67d.jpg
1d5c320899e17e1235c62b1bd0871bd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk