Troy Defense Carbines

Erik H

I recently received my firearms license (I'm in Canada) and am looking to start building up my collection. I am looking to get my hands on a decent quality AR for range work, and to get some training on my own time as my current staff position doesn't see me on the range often, and I don't want to return to a line unit rusty on my shooting. I may also get in to some competition shooting in the future, if my buddy has his way. I have found a line on a good military discount on a variety of Troy Defense carbines through a Canadian supplier, but do not know if these are worth their cost. I am familiar with Troy's accessory line, but wasn't aware of their firearms line. I also didn't find anything on here about Troy other than their accessories. I do not necessarily need a duty weapon, but I want something still of quality. Is this lack of mention of them an indication of their low regard? I would love to hear from anyone with experience with Troy firearms, and whether or not they are worth the time.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
I recently received my firearms license (I'm in Canada) and am looking to start building up my collection. I am looking to get my hands on a decent quality AR for range work, and to get some training on my own time as my current staff position doesn't see me on the range often, and I don't want to return to a line unit rusty on my shooting. I may also get in to some competition shooting in the future, if my buddy has his way. I have found a line on a good military discount on a variety of Troy Defense carbines through a Canadian supplier, but do not know if these are worth their cost. I am familiar with Troy's accessory line, but wasn't aware of their firearms line. I also didn't find anything on here about Troy other than their accessories. I do not necessarily need a duty weapon, but I want something still of quality. Is this lack of mention of them an indication of their low regard? I would love to hear from anyone with experience with Troy firearms, and whether or not they are worth the time.

I'm not sure anyone really has long term hands on with Troy carbines. The last time they were "big" was when they had a sole distribution agreement with Academy. Academy then ditched all AR-15's after Newton IIRC. So not sure that the Academy crowd is someone who would give you honest feedback on a gun working or not.

Wish I could help more.

Dr. Cornwallis

It's not what I would spend my money on, while Troy's accessories are a known quantity, their rifles are not, and for what their asking for them there are a lot of other good options available. I figure we're both probably not very aware of Troy's rifle like for a reason.

Whenever this question pops up I always ask... why not Colt, BCM, LMT, DD, HK, KAC? All known quantities and at least some have to be available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk