Tapatalk app use and the forum

I started using the Tapatalk app in earnest recently and for those haven't used it or tried it, I figure I would list it's attributes. The app brings a ton of functionality to the forum for the mobile user. It can essentially serve as a forum hub for any and all forums that have support for the app. Right now, I have this forum, pistol-forum.com and advrider.com listed on tapatalk. I can move between the forums, post pics from my phone directly or through photobuckets mobile app, follow threads and receive all forms of updates on threads I've commented on or PM conversations I've started.

It works really well for keeping the discussion moving similar to the way the Facebook threads move along, but while retaining the information and keeping it organized.

AMK

I agree with FD, for me adding Tapatalk was a welcome change from the old forum. I have not experienced any problems as of yet and it because I am always signed in on Tapatalk I can quickly and easily swing by and check out what is new to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lane C

Rico and the Man
Staff member
FD. I'm a TalkaTap Tard. I have loaded 3 forums on the app. I was under the impression that one could view all 3 forums at the same time, much like a FB wall. Is that true or possible.

Any other bonus tips that you feel free to share would be awesome. Think of me as a PR-24 in a Taser world when it comes to computers, tablets and "on the line".

Cheers

AMK

Lane. Whether you can see recent posts or not depends on how the particular forum is set up. I have five forums loaded on Tapatalk and only three show on my feed. Not sure how your app is set up, but on mine --- if I am at the home screen, at the top right is a drop down menu, this is where you can select which forum you want to see, at the bottom of that menu there is an option that says "all posts", hit that and the forums available for a feed will be able to be selected. If not, it looks like there is an exclamation icon next to the forum name. The forums that will not show on my feed are, Prim&Sec, TPI, and P-Forum. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lobsterclaw207

When I registered on here a couple of days ago, I was able to view the forum in standard format on my phone (Galaxy S4, Verizon, Google Chrome browser), which I prefer.

Now I can't even get the forum page to load, or any variation thereof. Anybody else having this happen? It just "hangs" there with the loading bar about 1/4 of the way across. I'm not having the same issue with other sites, and I've restarted both the browser and the phone a few times but didn't fix it.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Tapatalk + mobile version for me works best. Tapatalk tells me when others post and it handles my messaging. For general browsing, I just use the mobile version of the forum.

Ski85

Tapatalk + mobile version for me works best. Tapatalk tells me when others post and it handles my messaging. For general browsing, I just use the mobile version of the forum.
Same. Been using both with no issues

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Using tapatalk right now in fact. It is just a matter of convincing others this is a viable method that trumps Facebook and similar means.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
I've been using Tapatalk for about 4 years now. It makes mobile forum use a possibility. I still prefer the desktop version (as I do with everything else) but prior to Tapatalk mobile forum use was horrific. Hopefully we can grow the forum side of the community.

Ike

Ski85

I would love to see things shift away from Facebook and back to the forum. It seems to me that there is less activity on the forum than when I joined, and since I finally did away with Facebook about 6 months ago I have a feeling that I'm missing a lot these days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
Using tapatalk right now in fact. It is just a matter of convincing others this is a viable method that trumps Facebook and similar means.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Instead of trying to convince them to follow, just lead...post less on FB, and post reminders on FB that the forum has content FB doesn't. They'll come...just like we all did when you created the forum in the first place.

- Jake

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I posted this to all of the Facebook groups today:

With the scares on Facebook about gun related themes I neglected to step back and assess.

We have an independent resource that already has a solid foundation that is completely under our control. Why start what we already have in other people's backyards when our backyard had a much cooler fort?

The forum works. The forum in mobile mode covers ALL of my needs, add tapatalk to it and I have a functional messenger and instant notifications of replies to my threads with the ability to reply as well.

I don't see a major effort going into MeWe or Gundistrict as we have provided on the Forum or Facebook. We will provide a presence there.

It is worth at least checking out. Consider what you have gained from P&S, we don't want to steer you wrong. If you are going along with the hassle of moving to a new platform, try us out first.