Surefire Customer Service Tracking

ImBatman

I'm on a boat!
With the reports of increased Surefire failures and increased wait times for customer service this thread is going to be used to track and provide feedback.

Please include the following items on your post

1) What item you're contacting SF about and what specifically broke
2) Initial contact date/time and wait periods until talking to a SF rep
3) Turnaround time until repair or spare parts shipped
4) Any further commentary

Andrew Wright

Surefire
Vendor
Hi All,

My name is Andrew Wright and I am the PR Manager for SureFire. It has been mentioned that call times of our Technical Support team has been unsatisfactory as of late. This is a result of some internal movement of personnel that could not be foreseen. With that said, we are staffing up and in the hiring process for additional personnel in the CS department. One new rep has already started and we are in the process of adding two more. This is no excuse, and we sincerely apologize for any hardships caused by the situation. If you are LE or Mil and require your issue be taken care of expeditiously for work requirements, please reach out to me directly via email and I will do what I can to expedite.

Respectfully,
Andrew Wright
AWright@surefire.com

N4P226R

Nothing to do with a failure but I had an "issue" with their product that had nothing to do with their error. I had a 14.5" barrel with one of their socom brakes welded on. They did not use the beveled spacer. I did spend about 20 minutes on the phone before I was given the option to leave a message. This was Friday before Memorial Day so it was not weird. Left a message with my phone and email address. I got a call back on Tuesday early (and didn't pick up because I didn't know the number). The customer service manager replied to my email and answered my questions but also CCd an engineer. The original email would have been enough to answer my question but the engineer replied further explaining the purpose of the spacer and when it was and was not needed and how to verify with a geissele "rod". Overall great customer service to answer a question and go above and beyond. I think I have like 8 back and forth emails on the entire thread. I'm very happy with how it was handled.

Default.mp3

Established
  1. I was contacting Surefire as I was missing some shims/spacer for a muzzle device.
  2. I called twice on 2016-08-22; the first time I was on hold for 38 minutes, 41 seconds, and my car hung up my phone for me. I called in a second time, and was on the phone for a total 1 hour, 19 minutes, and 31 seconds, including talking to the rep.
  3. The parts were received within two days.
  4. Parts were received much faster than my previous experiences with Surefire.
I've had several other times where I've called in, and was on hold for quite some time, usually around the hour mark. The parts requested (shims/spacer for muzzle device and adjustment screws for X400Us) usually actually took a week or two to receive. I used to just email Charles Vlasek about any issues I had (parts, questions about products, etc.), but obviously that is no longer possible, now that Chuck no longer works for Surefire; FWIW, parts weren't very fast at being sent out even when I was going through Chuck, although he was always very fast to respond, and was able to find out information he didn't have very fast (e.g., my questions about the heat resistance of the G2X Fire Rescue Light, which is obviously outside his wheelhouse, being on the military side of things).

Elijah Z

1. Surefire e1b, old style 90 lumen. Was not a quality issue just heavy used/abuse. It was about 4 years old when it had a hard tumble in some gravel, that cracked/shattered the lens. The light still worked so I keep using it until it went through the washing machine a year later. It was flickering and wouldn't stay on.
2. I called the repair department on 7/25/16 to request an rma. I waited on hold for about 20 minutes, left a message with my contact info. 7/26/16 (about 24 hrs later) they called back and gave me an rma.
3. From when I shipped them the light until I had it back was a little over 3 weeks.
4. They are not as fast as 5-6 years ago when I had a defective g2 nitrolon, no waiting on the phone and was back to me in about a week. That being said they are still some of the best CS I have had and I still recommend them to anyone looking for great lights. Both lights that were repaired come back with updated heads (higher output) and new switches.

tacweapon

1. Originally called to request replacement pocket clips for a EB2, E2D and LX2, as well as a tail cap for a LX2. I was also calling to find out of anything could be done about about a flashlight that was lost while on a call that is no longer made. If there were any spares were around that could be sold etc.

2. 2016 05 19 at 1859 EST was on hold 20 minutes if memory serves correct. Total call time was 29 minutes.

3. Still have not received parts that the CSR stated would be shipped. Called for an update on 2016 08 30 at 1039 EST. Was on hold for 22 minutes when answered I was disconnected from the call. I called back again at 1101 EST on the same date. The line was immediately answered however was disconnected during a transfer. I called back again at 1102 EST on the same date and was on hold for 67 minutes and 44 seconds and when answered I could hear the representative but it seemed as they could not hear me and they disconnected. I did not have more time that day to continue trying to call. I emailed Surefire using the form on the website the beginning of September I do not have the exact date but still have not heard back. I still have not received any of the items or any contact from Surefire.

4. Surefire makes quality products but due to wait times and useful products such as the EB2 Tactical being discontinued I have started looking at other options. The user interface of the EB2 Tactical and the LX2 is perfect for an everyday carry light. I would love to see it brought back. The previous option of being able to order replacement pocket clips through the website was very handy and would be great to see back given the extended wait times for customer service. When I was able to speak to representatives for this issue and in the past they have all be very helpful and seemed knowledgeable on the products.

N

nate89

I have an original X300 that the raised part of the tailcap that is held by the latch broke.

I called their warrantee number at 10:30 Mountain time and was on hold for about 25 minutes.

I was told a new tailcap assembly was to be shipped out, I will update when it arrives.

Overall I was very satisfied with the interaction. Although I had never had warrantee work done before, they were able to pull my info up through purchases I had made in the past. He verified which part had broken, told me what they were going to send and how to install is correctly, and told me the part would be on it's way soon. I was never asked for a s/n of the light, purchase proof, or anything like that. Assuming the part actually ships and gets here, I will be totally satisfied with Surefire.

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
1: Nothing broke, but I somehow lost my 1913 adapter for my Surefire X300U (transitioned from an unused gun to a ALG Six Second Mount). Just needed to get a new one.
2: Called mid-day (Eastern Time) during the week. Wait time was probably around 15 minutes on hold.
3: Surefire did not charge anything, even though it was a lost part. My fault, not theirs. The replacement adapter was in my mailbox within 4 days (I think 3, but 4 at the most).
4: The rep I spoke to knew what I was talking about and our conversation lasted only a couple minutes before everything was good to go. HOWEVER, I had previously called them, and requested a callback due to extended hold times. The rep calling me back suggested I e-mail my issue to Surefire. I sent a message to the e-mail address provided and did not receive any reply. I placed the above referenced call about 2 weeks after that initial contact. Overall, I'm happy with the service. The only thing I could suggest would be a customer service check-off list: Whenever a customer calls with a C/S issue, that caller gets put onto the system. That customer is not removed from the C/S check-off list until a rep ACTUALLY talks with a customer (2-way conversation either by phone or e-mail) and both parties are satisfied.

N

nate89

Update: Package arrived from Surefire on Thursday with a new switch assembly for the 300 series, which was a week after I called CS about the broken latch. Popped it on the back of the light, everything works as it should. Once again, I have been very satisfied with Surefire's CS, and gives em confidence to buy in the future knowing they are supporting their products after the sale.

regdudedrtyjob

1) X300 U that had the thumb tab(?) come off after reholstering and catching on edge of holster.
2) I don't recall the initial date of contact but I don't believe it was more than 10 days. I waited for about 5 minutes IIRC.
3) I received the parts yesterday in the mail, again I believe it was less than 10 days.
4) Truly outstanding service, I was actually calling to ask where I could purchase the parts if possible, because I prefer the X300U over the issued TLR-whatever HL. When I told the rep it was for a duty gun/light, he stated that he would just send me two spare tail cap assemblies free of charge. Stellar work Surefire.