Suppressor Sight Discrepancy

James W

I'm putting together a list of most of the suppressor sight options available with all the dimensions, features, etc., and something struck me as odd that maybe someone here can explain to me. All of Trijicon's non-large frame Glock suppressor sights have a taller front sight than the rear. It's mostly the same with Ameriglo (model #GL-507 being the lone exception that I've found). Heinie and Dawson's sets all have taller rear sights than fronts, and every set of non-suppressor height sights I'm aware of for Glock are this way as well. 10-8 doesn't sell their suppressor sights in sets, but their recommended combo has a taller rear than front.

Of note, Ameriglo lists their rear heights as the total height including the dovetail, which would appear to make them taller than their front sights. However, I measured one of their .394" rear sights with calipers and got a blade height of .304". All their .394" rear sights come with .315" fronts.

Can anyone explain this?

Yondering

It's hard to say "why" they do that, but obviously they aren't going to shoot to the same point of aim. The best you can do when buying suppressor sights is copy the same front/rear height difference of whatever standard sights work for you.

Some of the suppressor sight sets I've used have had POI so far off it's ridiculous; I've often bought different height Ameriglo or Dawson front sights to correct that.