Sights Rusting

Bangout

Amateur
I love my dawson sights, but the rear sight rust like crazy. I imagine I'm not the only one with this problem. What are yall doing to keep the rust off?

I love my dawson sights, but the rear sight rust like crazy. I imagine I'm not the only one with this problem. What are yall doing to keep the rust off?
Basically every day in the summer before bed I have to brush them off real good and reapply a light coat of oil. It got old at first but truly I have gotten into the habit now and while doing this I just do a whole rundown of the gun with a oiled rag inside and out. Then brush the sights and Lube them last. In the summer the gun just attracts so much dirt it's just like a daily PMCS for it.

Horsehide

I would use Eezox as a rust preventative. Still the best thing I have found for this purpose. Rub in a couple of drops with an old toothbrush, wipe off the excess and you should be set for awhile.

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
About once a week or so I put a very light coat of Fireclean on them. I'm sure Slip2000 or any other oil would work too. Fireclean is what I have handy so that's what I use.

Ike

Longeye

Established
This might be one of the few times that I suggest an application of Cerakote.... Or have them medium bead blasted and reparkerized.

jryock

Amateur
Dawson Precision says to put a couple drops of oil on them as needed. It has been very salty, sandy, and sweaty here in southeast Virginia; so that "as needed" is at least once a week. I use Lucas Gun Oil or CLP (since that is what I have on hand).