Sig P229 .40/.357 "Legacy Slide" Kydex Holster Recommendations

Pearce

Amateur
Gents,

I'm having trouble finding a kydex bender that makes holsters for a non-railed Sig P229 in .40/.357 with the "Legacy Slide"

Anyone have a good source?

tylerw02

Will the pistol not be retained in the railed holsters? Typically the trigger guard is the retention point, and the railed frame larger. When I shot Sig the non railed guns worked for my railed holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pearce

Amateur
Will the pistol not be retained in the railed holsters? Typically the trigger guard is the retention point, and the railed frame larger. When I shot Sig the non railed guns worked for my railed holsters.

I can confirm the non railed P229 fits into safariland holster made for the P229R, however I was under the impression a non-railed P229 would not be retained in kydex designed for the P229R due to the difference in trigger guard, etc.

That said, I'm new to the P229 game and the amount of variations Sig has in the frames/slides has me scratching my head.

tylerw02

Roger that. I was unaware of trigger guard changes. If you were local I’d make you one. We have kydex stuff for our knife company, but I don’t have access to a gun or blue gun like yours.

Pearce

Amateur
Just to follow up on this thread, I spoke with John from JM Custom Kydex and his Sig228/229 holster mold is based off a .40cal Sig P229.

I'll post an update when it comes in.

salvojimmy

Just to follow up on this thread, I spoke with John from JM Custom Kydex and his Sig228/229 holster mold is based off a .40cal Sig P229.

I'll post an update when it comes in.

I am looking for a IWB kydex for exactly that same legacy slide 40/357 Sig p229.

Will be very interested in how this fits. Please do post an update when you get the holster

Pearce

Amateur
Holster arrived on time and is a great fit.
Very thankful JM Custom Kydex has holsters for the legacy framed .40/.357 P229s.
I’ll be ordering a AIWB holster from him in the near future.

Attachments

• F4B616A8-68A0-4940-85EB-A1BC21D78FC4.jpeg
    F4B616A8-68A0-4940-85EB-A1BC21D78FC4.jpeg
    459.1 KB · Views: 5