RMR on a shotgun

If the VersaMax uses the standard 4-hole Remington thread pattern, my initial thought would be to buy the Aridus CROM RMR mount coming out in the next couple months and then use a Wilson ghost ring front sight. This would give you a good mount for your RMR, plus backup sights.

As for zeroing it... that's going to depend a whole lot on how you're planning to use it. If it were me trying to use buck at standard HD distances... maybe 15yds. If I thought I was going to have to toss slugs further, well, maybe more like 25-50yds. The good thing about shotguns is that you've got low height over bore, so you won't need to have a substantial holdover at closer ranges like you would on an AR.

Well I’m going to be using it for hunting most for things that fly or run really fast,ie ducks doves and rabbits. But the mount solution seems pretty solid.

Have a Scalarworks RMR mount on my Benelli M4. Works like a champ and cowitnesses. I don't know jack about the versamax but for the benelli it was about the only thing I could find to get the optic down low enough for any sort of usable cowitness in the event of optic failure.

I have a holosun 507c on my duty gun. The thing is super rugged and has held zero through several drops and bumps and many rounds. It came with a low profile rail attachment so I just popped a rail on the receiver and it was good to go.

Have a Scalarworks RMR mount on my Benelli M4. Works like a champ and cowitnesses. I don't know jack about the versamax but for the benelli it was about the only thing I could find to get the optic down low enough for any sort of usable cowitness in the event of optic failure.
I have the same setup. Sighted in with slugs at 50yds. Everything else has been spot on.

No experience but Aim-tech has some extremely low profile ones that mount to the vent-rib. Looking at putting some on my 930 JM Pro or M2