Rmr dot turns off every so often.

Cody m

So I have experienced this a few times. Today happened twice. Set up is a g19, Unity Atom slide, RMR 07. I have already put a few pieces of tape under the battery to try and "shim" it. Any other ideas or fixes? Oh and the sight has less than 500 rds on it.

Try a new battery yet? There has been a shitload of discussion on this topic both on the forum and on the book of faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody m

Today's range shenanigans were with a brand new battery. Same energizer brand that the optic shipped with.

mattieb

It happened to me as well I bent the contact area out a little more and has worked great since about 1000 rds without shutting off maybe try this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default.mp3

Established
Today's range shenanigans were with a brand new battery. Same energizer brand that the optic shipped with.
FWIW, I've had the same issue with my battery that came with the RMR; swapped it out for a new battery, and the issue went away immediately.

Tropleo

This is not RMR specific but any electronic device I use for duty/self defense I never use the battery supplied with the device. Unbox, new batts, check function.

Matt

Staff member
When I experienced the same issue it was solved by placing a small piece of 10mil tape between the slide and the battery as well as bending the battery contact slightly for more engagement.

Cody m

Tried all three recommendations., tape under the battery, new battery, and bent the terminal a bit. So far so good. I'll update with any issues. Really appreciate the help!!

Zero'd

I built a RS and had intermittent issues with my RM06. Just got it back from Trijicon after 6 weeks. They upgraded the internal contacts and it works great. I tried tape, batteries, and bent contacts with unacceptable success (zero room for issues imho) prior to sending it back.

Lady who processed my warranty repair said they upgraded internal contacts after my serial #. I purchased mine during summer.

KCBRUIN

Amateur
I built a RS and had intermittent issues with my RM06. Just got it back from Trijicon after 6 weeks. They upgraded the internal contacts and it works great. I tried tape, batteries, and bent contacts with unacceptable success (zero room for issues imho) prior to sending it back.

Lady who processed my warranty repair said they upgraded internal contacts after my serial #. I purchased mine during summer.

Well since I just ordered my RMR last week I'll be interested to see how mine looks and works.

chrischris

Amateur

Would you mind posting your serial number? I'm curious if mine is "upgraded?" Thx

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
There's also the Battlewerks anti-flicker sealing plate.

I've been liking these so far. We started sending them out with every RMR that we sell and they seem to fix the issue in MOST cases. Yes it does the same thing a $0.02 piece of tape does but folks need a sealing plate anyways and this fulfills that need with the added bonus of fixing the dot flicker issue out of the gate. In the cases where it does not fix the issue, bending the contacts eliminates the problem of a diapering or flickering dot.

Truth be told, I'd be willing to bet that bending the battery contacts would solve most issues without even needing the BattleWerx sealing plate or the electrical tape but for $10 it's gives you a sealing plate and also a permanent shim. It's a win win the way I see it.

Ike

Cody m

I've been liking these so far. We started sending them out with every RMR that we sell and they seem to fix the issue in MOST cases. Yes it does the same thing a $0.02 piece of tape does but folks need a sealing plate anyways and this fulfills that need with the added bonus of fixing the dot flicker issue out of the gate. In the cases where it does not fix the issue, bending the contacts eliminates the problem of a diapering or flickering dot.

Truth be told, I'd be willing to bet that bending the battery contacts would solve most issues without even needing the BattleWerx sealing plate or the electrical tape but for $10 it's gives you a sealing plate and also a permanent shim. It's a win win the way I see it.

Ike
Just received my RMR 07 from you guys last week. Appreciate the upgraded sealing plate. Good work! I'm putting it on a P320 compact I'm having milled for it.