RMR 06/07 Scaled Dry Practice Targets

Jackrabbit

Attached are targets with dots scaled to 3.25 and 6.5 MOA at 7 yards.

Being fairly new to the pistol RDS game, I've identified 3 areas where dry practice can help me crush the learning curve: presentation, trigger control, and transitions. I suck so hard at support hand only presentation that I've been using the backup sights during live fire training and practice--that's got to stop. I figured the smallest dot I could actually see would be the way to go.
  • For presentation, I'm starting with the pistol in the holster or at a ready position, focusing on the dot, then drawing/driving the gun as flat as possible to my point of focus.
  • For trigger control, I'll use the target at 4 yards, and try to keep black all the way around the dot as the "shot" breaks.
  • For transitions, I'm cutting the bottom dot off the paper and placing it in another location.
If there is another, better way to do this, I'm open to hear it.

Attachments

• 3.25MOA Dot, Scaled 7 Yards.pdf
    119.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 6.5MOA Scaled to 7 yards.pdf
    119.7 KB · Views: 20

Jackrabbit

The formula I used is: (Desired yard/100) * Dot Size in MOA * 1.047 = Desired scaled dot size in inches

So:

(7/100)*3.25MOA*1.047= .2381 (rounded down to .23")

(7/100)*6.5MOA*1.047= .476 (rounded down to .47")

I used a digital caliper to check the printed result, and found it to be within .001" of my desired dot size. I'll take it.

Attachments

• Digital Caliper.jpg
    Digital Caliper.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 21