RFI: G43 Beltless Carry?

jryock

Amateur
BLUF: I'm looking for a reliable, COTS holster for a Glock 43 that can be worn with clothing that doesn't have a belt (e.g. board shorts, sweatpants, etc.). Not very interested in belly bands. Anyone have some leads or experience they can share?

I've searched here and on the main Facebook group and gathered some information I can use toward my quest, but I failed to find where specific setups are discussed on their merits. The whole purpose of this setup is to carry my G43 in situations that are low risk and/or where carrying a G19 isn't very practical (e.g. beach, mountain biking, house/yardwork, etc.). My wishlist would for it to be lightweight, priced <$60, and available within a couple weeks.

If nothing concrete presents itself, backup plan A is to modify a RCS Morrigan with some sort of cloth grabber clip (or that may be the best plan). Backup plan B is to wait a few months (hopefully) for a G43 version of the RCS Vanguard 2.

Any insight/suggestions are appreciated.

Joe _K

Established
Google Ulticlip Holsters. Although for my money and peace of mind I would just retro fit a proven holster like an RCS, G-Code, Bladetech etc.

da5174d8386e387be7764c28e02b114a.jpg

Have not personally tried it but it looks GTG.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

Tropleo

I have this.....http://bladerigs.tictail.com/product/quick-ship-single-clip-iwb-holster

Purchased for the exact reason you provided, mostly to wear with board shorts during the summer. The spring clip with grab hold of ANYTHING, and never let go. Plus you can attach a raven wing where those two screws are which is how I have it. Kydex has great retention but it's a little more expensive than you would like. I also have a gcode incog that works well and I'm personally interested in added the ulticlip like the video above

jryock

Amateur
Thank you @Riafdnal @MOLON_LABE and @Tropleo for your responses. I ordered an Ulticlip and plan to mod my current G19 RCS Morrigan to test the concept before ordering a G43 RCS Morrigan. If it doesn't work I'll likely order one of the above recommendations.

Joe _K

Established
Thank you @Riafdnal @MOLON_LABE and @Tropleo for your responses. I ordered an Ulticlip and plan to mod my current G19 RCS Morrigan to test the concept before ordering a G43 RCS Morrigan. If it doesn't work I'll likely order one of the above recommendations.
Keep in mind due to the weight differences between the 19 & the 43 you will have more waistband sag with the 19, especially if you are wearing shorts/pants that use lightweight material like swim trunks, gym shorts, hiking pants etc.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
Violentia Operandi

hellion

Amateur
I've been contemplating buying some of the utiliclips, I've heard good things about them. Currently I use an appendix carry holster with magazine side car for the 43, while running. It has one of the belt tabs to add lateral pressure on the holster. Between that, the weight and the belt clips it stays on my running shorts without moving as is. It might slip out if I somehow ended up inverted, but it stays secure while jogging and sprinting just fine.

@jryock update this thread when your clip comes in, I may have to make the plunge myself

jryock

Amateur
I've managed to attach the Ulticlip to the RCS Vanguard2 (VG2) and the RCS Morrigan. Preliminary draws with the two setups have been successful in shorts and lightweight pants using the G26 as a stand in for the G43. The next step will be to purchase a RCS Morrigan and VG2 (hopefully available soon) for the G43 and make the necessary modifications.

For those interested...
(1) Attachment to the VG2 was very easy using the various RCS components I have laying around. Specifically I used the ~0.5" spacer from the Eidolon, two ~1" screws, two nuts, and five o-rings.
(2) Attachment to the Morrigan required the creation of an adapter plate in addition to using the shorter RCS screws, nuts, and o-rings. The adapter plate is necessary since the Morrigan is so form fitting that fastener components would scratch the pistol if the Ulticlip is directly attached. The plate also eliminates the need for permanent holster alterations, greater design flexibility, and it drives the load from draws directly where RCS designed it to.

Orionz06

Staff member
Vendor
I have this.....http://bladerigs.tictail.com/product/quick-ship-single-clip-iwb-holster

Purchased for the exact reason you provided, mostly to wear with board shorts during the summer. The spring clip with grab hold of ANYTHING, and never let go. Plus you can attach a raven wing where those two screws are which is how I have it. Kydex has great retention but it's a little more expensive than you would like. I also have a gcode incog that works well and I'm personally interested in added the ulticlip like the video above

This would be my personal choice. I've used those same clips for years now without issue, other than some wear on clothing. The Ulti-Clip is a love/hate thing for myself and those I train with. The convenience seems tremendous but in FoF the clip has come unlatched due to cover garments, belts, and in some cases with some pants it did not hold like expected. The end result being drawing a gun and holster.

An alternate choice could be a Morrigan inside of a Smart Carry. The hole array allows for easy attachment or you can use some velcro to help keep things together. I've not attempted this with a Morrigan though so fitment is unknown. I have however made shells for this purpose and don't see why they wouldn't work.

I have no experience with it, but heard Melody Lauer talking about the Runcible Works “YP” holster and it looks like a good option for belt less carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orionz06

Staff member
Vendor
I have no experience with it, but heard Melody Lauer talking about the Runcible Works “YP” holster and it looks like a good option for belt less carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, think of it as an advanced Smart Carry.