Reviews on Danner Tachyon GTX boots?

Grizzly

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Acadia Tachyon GTX boots. But most of the reviews I've seen are little more than repeats of Danner's press releases. Has anyone out there got a feet on review of them? My specific questions are about durability being so light, breath-ability and how waterproof they are in real use.

I usually wear Merrell Mid Moab Waterproof boots for comparison. If I could find a black and polish-able version of those I'd been a happy camper.

Bill Blowers

Sausage Six Actual
VIP
I have a pair and like them. Like most light boots, they dont need any "break in" period. They were true to size for me. I only wear them on missions so can't speak to durability since I have only had them about six months. But they are definitely waterproof and were good to go through a wet, but mild winter season here in the NW as far as temps go.

I have worn them in the office all day without feeling like my dogs are in a slow cooker. Sorry, not much day to day wear.

Grizzly

I have a pair and like them. Like most light boots, they dont need any "break in" period. They were true to size for me. I only wear them on missions so can't speak to durability since I have only had them about six months. But they are definitely waterproof and were good to go through a wet, but mild winter season here in the NW as far as temps go.

I have worn them in the office all day without feeling like my dogs are in a slow cooker. Sorry, not much day to day wear.

Thanks, that is exactly the info I was looking for. Not too hot and waterproof were big keys for me. If the durability suffers I'll take the weight and heat penalty and pick up some rebuild-able Acadias.

Grizzly

A quick update after two weeks on the tachyon gtx's.

The boots do break in fast. I ran a few miles in them right out of the box. No blisters and minimal hot spots. After that they fit like comfortable shoe. I've been trying to put them through their paces and so far I've been very pleased. I spent 8+ hours wearing 10-30 lb of stuff the last two Saturdays doing range drills, building clearing and various walking around. The boots handled switching from gravel to mud to concrete all day with no problem. Yesterday was 3 hours of standing on concrete shooting then a mile or two jog through gravel, mud and standing water with no leaking. I stood in water above my ankle for a good 5 minutes and again no leaking.

We've had 1+ inch of sleet and 3+ inches of snow the last few days with conditions varying between frozen piles of rain, packed snow slush etc and they handled it all with ease. The grip on all the above surfaces was great. The only time I slipped was on refrozen snow melt that was smooth as glass.

They've also performed well in my real world of sitting in a cubicle. They breath better than my moabs and are more comfortable for walking around in the office world. Plus with the polishable leather they shine up enough to not be noticed as easily as boots.