Request for info on this items please.

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
Depending on how tight the tolerance is front to back, it could possibly take some of the stress off of the screws when the pistol is cycling. Normally when a slide is milled for a specific dot, there are recoil bosses that lock the dot into the slide, and the screws are more to keep the dot from coming off the top of the slide.

James W

I'm considering buying the new G17 Gen 5 MOS, so this interests me as well. Specifically:
  • How low does the optic sit compared to the standard MOS plate and/or non-MOS optic cuts from the reputable companies?
  • Does this mitigate/eliminate reliability concerns others have had with the MOS system?
From what I understand, part of the reliability problem with the MOS system is that the RMR mounts to the MOS plate, which is not thick enough to provide enough bite for the mounting screws. So by my logic, for the C&H MOS plate to improve on that aspect, it would have to be thicker, which would negatively affect how high the RMR sits. Ultimately, how high the RMR sits isn't of great concern to me as long as it doesn't require comically tall backup sights like I've seen with some optic/slide combos.

At the end of the day, I would probably just send my MOS slide to Agency for the AOS cut, but if I could save a couple hundred bucks by buying the C&H plate without sacrificing reliability/performance, that would be nice.

Freedom Forged

Depending on how tight the tolerance is front to back, it could possibly take some of the stress off of the screws when the pistol is cycling. Normally when a slide is milled for a specific dot, there are recoil bosses that lock the dot into the slide, and the screws are more to keep the dot from coming off the top of the slide.

Agreed, but I wonder if the bosses would accomplish the same.....