Recommendations on .338 Muzzle Brake?

jmatt511

Amateur
Gentlemen. I'm currently in the midst of building a .338 Lapua Magnum using a Surgeon 1581XL receiver and Krieger barrel. Any suggestions for a muzzle brake. I've looked at Surefire, but prefer no barrel overlap. Thanks for the assist.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
I think Dave Laubert (Defensive Creations) does them; I've seen his 7mm ones on several 7mmRemMag bolt guns, and they're incredible.

- Jake

CC INTNL

Good Day,

I guess the question would be is..Do you plan to put suppressor on in the near future?
Just asking because it sucks spending money on muzzle brake only to have to buy another one to mate your chosen suppressor down the road.

Thank you

jmatt511

Amateur
I'd love to be able to use a suppressor, but currently in California, that is a pipe dream for the time being. However, that does not preclude me from moving out of the state later. I've given a lot of consideration to the Surefire brake, but am open to suggestion.

Thanks for the assist.

jmatt511

Amateur
After much thought, debate and discussion, I have decided to go with the AWC PSR muzzle brake. My gunsmith who will be putting together the rifle after threading the barrel clued me into some issues with other muzzle brakes and quality control. The AWC PSR brake provides good recoil reduction and the future ability to add a suppressor if circumstances change. If anyone is interested, I'll be able to post photos of my future completed rifle, hopefully by the end of the year.