Range Ammo Reliability?

cedgington

I'm looking into bulk range ammo to try and have more of a regular stock AND start shooting more. I'm primarily shooting 9mm and 223. I've made one order of Fiocchi (in both calibers), not intending to buy the same brand, it just happened. Any factory brands you guys have seen that should be avoided? Any issues with Wolf Gold or others?

Also, does anyone know if there's a retailer that markets more than 1k round cases? Any way to get a larger discount if you bought, say 5k rounds?

MrMurphy

I've had good experience with Mag tech in all pistol calibers. PMC shoots dirty and teaches you to clear malfunctions....

I don't think you will find a large discount on a 5k purchase from anyone. Now maybe 20k plus you will get a little but still not large. Unless your a huge agency/person that makes regular orders it's just not normal.

You might check into http://www.stand1armory.com. While I have not used their ammo but in small quantities they have a good reputation in the competives sports and I have been to a few classes where their ammo was used with no issues. I'm sure if you email/call they can discuss pricing for larger orders.

Wolf Gold has become my go-to rifle training ammo. Zero failures for me and better than average accuracy for bulk 55gr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk