Quick Access Rifle Safe

chrischris

Amateur
I'm looking for ideas on a quick access rifle safe for my primary home defense rifle. I have kids so it's really intended to keep them out. I guess to call these security containers a safe is stretching it since they could easily be broken into.

I have a V line safe for my shotgun that uses a quick push button combination. Anyone suggest an alternative for a rifle? Or should I pick up the V line rifle model which can fit an AR?

B0308

Amateur
Yes, a choice between speed and security. You generally can't get both. If they have one of the correct size, web site shows they have at least one, they might work for the role you described.

However, you didn't mention the ages of the kids. Just make sure you change the combo from the shipping numbers, you don't use the same code as a garage door, alarm system, etc. that the kids might know (if old enough) and the obvious stuff like not the current year, your house number, etc.

Depending on what else you own and how deep your pockets are, a real gun safe is generally money well spent. YMMV