Quality precision/sniper/SDM courses and instructors

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
This will be a (working) list of quality precision/sniper/SDM courses and instructors.

There are a ton of good carbine instructors out there, but the list of good precision rifle instructors is much shorter and more difficult to navigate. A lot of people seem to assume that just because someone has a magnified optic on an AR or a Remington 700P, it makes them a sniper, but this is definitely not the case.

Mick-boy

VIP
I recently (beginning of Jan) attended a work internal 5 day class taught by ATACSOL out of the Phoenix area. The instruction (one current SFSC instructor and a former B4/current Leupold sponsored shooter) was current. Class room time was minimal (most of the time was spent on glass). The range was phenomenal (5000M NG Machine gun range). I can't speak to their open enrollment courses but the product they provided us was excellent.

Ryan F

Amateur
About three years ago I started my learning of the precision rifle. I have improved, but I am not done.

Rifles Only. They provide LE/MIL courses, but I attended there Precision 1&2 course. The instruction was great and gave me a good foundation to further my learning. Jacob Bynum was the primary instructor. I went not having shot a bolt gun past 100 yards. By the end of the week I was able to hit steel out to 800 yards repeatably and know how and why to do it again. I learned proper position, trigger control, and breathing. I learned how to use a sling and a tripod as well.

K&M Precision. I attended another basic class at this facility and was able to learn a few new things and improve on things I already knew. They also provide LE/MIL training. The facilities were great. There main range is 1200 yards and they have several other shooting lanes with movers, barricades, and other objects.

EAG/LMS Night Fighter course. I attended this course, but honestly it was out of my league. It was my first introduction to NV and my skill level during the day without NV was not where it should have been. I learned a lot from the instruction and much more from my mistakes and shortcomings.

I would recommend any of these companies to further your LR training. There are many more, but these are the only ones that I have direct knowledge of.

Michael Ray

Vendor
I want to host an open enrollment SDM course this year, so this interests me.

I was just searching this topic online and finding nothing. Then the lightbulb came on and this thread was in my feed when I logged into where I should have started in the first place.