PTR Clones of the G3 and G3K

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator

pointblank4445

Established
RQZU9au.jpg

HK91, SR9 medium heavy barrel cut down, KAC 93 RAS, HK 21E stock assembly and optic mount, MSG90 trigger, S&B 1.5-6x20mm Short dot.
Based off of this solitary picture:
1707797715038.jpeg

Albeit fun and no expense spared, I can't say I'd opt for this over a KAC EMC/ECC/ACC

JRW

Staff member
About 20+ years ago, I got one of those Century Arms 91s. While it is junk, it was fun. I found G3 mags for a dollar each in bulk. I did a lot of aimless, excuse the pun, blasting with cheap Russian ammo.

As I grew older and listen to others, the AR platform, proper training, and shooting with a purpose became more important. I stowed the Century 91. However, I also kept seeing Steve and Buck reminding me the platform is relevant.

And I had all those magazines.

So, not quite 20 years later and I get a PTR A3SK. It wasn’t trouble free at first, but has come along way with “break in”. I have since added a Sphur stock, Midwest handguard, Surefire Warcomp & Surefire SOCOM 30, and a Nightforce NX8 1-8. It shoots 1.5 MOA with 168 and 175 Federal.

Considering moving to the Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 or an EOTECH Vudu 5-25. Both are optics are short enough to not interfere with the charging handle.

I might be taking the rifle to areas it’s not meant to go. Or maybe I just haven’t figured out what I want to be when I grow up.

IMG_0384.jpegIMG_0383.jpeg

Last edited: