Protein shakes for breakfast? Good/bad

Im used to not eating breakfast at all. My first meal being at 12 for lunch.
The past week or so I started taking protein shakes in the morning around 8AM. My weight lose rate has decrease(despite no additional calories).
Is there an issue with drinking a meal vs eating one? Should I try waking up earlier to cook a couple eggs? Or is there no problem with the shakes

Cook a actual meal is always better. A protein shake is a supplement, it’s meant to supplement your daily food intake not replace it. Try this see how you do
- Put a can of green beans in a pot and warm them up first thing then,
-3 egg whites, mix in sriracha, and cayenne pepper, scramble.
-Handful of almonds
-banana

Putting the green beans on first usually works out to them being ready about the time I get the eggs cooked. I eat half the can at breakfast, second half at second breakfast.

Check your protein powder to and see how many carbs per serving, big thing I’ve found with weight loss is carb intake, more importantly what kind of carbs and when you take them. I’m at 4 meals, low carbs (15-20g)for first two, bump up slightly (40g) meal before workout them majority of carbs after workout (60-70g). Healthy carbs, banana is healthy, donut not so much.

Anybody who eats green beans for breakfast is not to be reckoned with. But I'm out on that man. No way. Too tough for me! I'm a black coffee and protein shake for breakfast type of guy. Totally down with the Sriracha and cayenne too, just not for breakfast. You're a beast.

Regular scrambled eggs just got old so had to spice it up some. Want to go even more fancy add some salsa to it.

I definitely have to have my coffee. It and I try to chug 32oz water right after I wake up.

Not a beast, just know where I want to be, and willing to do what it takes to get there. Consistency beats intensity in this case.

PM07

When I'm able to get on a regular eating schedule, my breakfast was Egg beaters omelet and turkey bacon. Doing that consistently, I was able to lose weight but working 12s is making it damn near impossible to get back on track. I use Muscle Milk protein shakes when needed but not as a primary meal replacement. I started keeping tuna in the office for those 3 am munchies.

Ben H

Network Support I
Post is a little ambiguous. A lot of this depends on your end goal.
Im used to not eating breakfast at all. My first meal being at 12 for lunch. The past week or so I started taking protein shakes in the morning around 8AM.
Sounds like you might have been exercising intermittent fasting (on purpose or inadvertently)? For some people, this can promote weight loss. This helped me cut weight very quickly.
My weight lose rate has decrease(despite no additional calories).
Weight loss is only part of the equation. Has your waist size / body fat percentage changed? Are you lifting weights to build muscle? Are you exercising less? Maybe your body is approaching homeostasis with your current routine.
Is there an issue with drinking a meal vs eating one? Should I try waking up earlier to cook a couple eggs? Or is there no problem with the shakes
Since whey protein digests easier / faster, whole foods will leave you satiated longer than a shake. From everything I've read / heard, that is about the only substantial between the two.

I use a blender and put in other things like vegetables, fruits, yogurt while making the protein shake. One can get very creative in this regard. It’s a lot healthier than just the powder in my opinion.

It's not the worst thing in the world. Intermittent fasting is a thing. Your weight loss has probably slowed because as you lose weight, your body requires less calories to maintain. Maybe try recalculating your caloric needs at your current body weight and reducing calories by another couple hundred give or take.