Products that should exist and don't

SonOfLiberty

Amateur
The recent post about Safariland prompted me to start this thread. What are some products such as gear, gun accessories, or widgets that everyone asks for, but don't exist yet?

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
CCD based rifle scopes. Optical zoom plus digital zoom capabilities. Custom testicles and basically any reticle available at the touch of a button. No need for sometimes unreliable mechanical adjustments. Record capabilities. Transmit capabilities (spotter, team lead, maybe others). Possibility of target designation by the spotter, viewed on the shooters scope. Auto focus on target.

I know Tracking Poi t is outstanding there, but that's starting at the high end. I'm thinking starting at the low end and working up is better. Work out the mechanics first, then add features to keep unit costs low for risk averse buyers. Hell, eventually the display could be rifle mounted, helmet mounted, whatever.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
CCD based rifle scopes. Optical zoom plus digital zoom capabilities. Custom testicles and basically any reticle available at the touch of a button. No need for sometimes unreliable mechanical adjustments. Record capabilities. Transmit capabilities (spotter, team lead, maybe others). Possibility of target designation by the spotter, viewed on the shooters scope. Auto focus on target.

Custom testicles?

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
You could easily make, if you desired, whatever reticle you wanted is that I was trying to say. You'd have no need for etching, tooling, waiting for glass to be made, just program it and load it up. If you don't like it, adjustments to the design could conceivably made to it right there on the range. Provided you had authorization for the design, you could have access to whatever reticle you wanted without buying a different scope.

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
I would be interested in some custom testicles. :) I'd like some mor einformation on these.

Ike

Grayman

Established
Another topic lost to custom testicles....

How about a SLS holster for the CZ P09 with a light and an RMR..... Oh wait someone said there was a safariland bitch thread aroun here somewhere.

Caomhin

Trijicon VCOG with fiber optic light gathering (like the Accupoint) AND Tritium.

I'd prefer it with the electronics of Aimpoint such that there would be really extended battery life.

My unicorn...

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

King's_Own

Amateur
Arcteryx to make a LE specific jacket, Alpha shell with a zip in Atom liner, either of which can be worn on their own, with mic loops and bomber cut for duty belts. Oh and it retails for $400.