Ported S3f barrels

NolaCRNA

I was looking at the ported barrel s3f solutions is making for the G34. It is made to line up with the factory cut in the slide. I know sometimes thread on comps can cause malfunctions so this might be something to consider. In addition I wouldn't need a new holster. Possible downfalls would be carbon on your red dot sight or fiber front sight.

Does anybody have any experience with ported barrels?

This gun would have a competition role for me.
http://s3fsolutions.com/product/s3fsolutions-glock-34-drop-in-match-grade-barrel-ported/

Matt2124

Had a factory ported G23 I bought off a fellow officer who couldn't make it shoot straight. I swapped it for my regular G23 for duty carry for a while. I honestly didn't notice much difference in recoil between the two guns. The ported was much louder tho. Shooting from retention I did bloody up my nose catching the blast out of a port straight in a nostril. I decided to ditch it and go back to the regular G23 and sold off the ported pistol to buy a G34. The ported gun did run without issue through several classes, several years of dept quals, and my own training.

Hope that helps.

Matt

NolaCRNA

Had a factory ported G23 I bought off a fellow officer who couldn't make it shoot straight. I swapped it for my regular G23 for duty carry for a while. I honestly didn't notice much difference in recoil between the two guns. The ported was much louder tho. Shooting from retention I did bloody up my nose catching the blast out of a port straight in a nostril. I decided to ditch it and go back to the regular G23 and sold off the ported pistol to buy a G34. The ported gun did run without issue through several classes, several years of dept quals, and my own training.

Hope that helps.

Matt
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to stay away from the ported barrel because of what happened to you.