Poison Ivy’s

Confused Squirrel

Amateur
Network Support I
#1
To start with, I am not a medical anything. If you are bleeding out of your nose and mouth I will call 911 and apply pressure…


That being said, I did recently get some good info from my Dr. that made my life a lot easier. I am very allergic to Poison Ivy/Sumac/Oak etc. When I say “very allergic” I don’t mean that I have a few red spots on my arm that that itch like the sand in my vagina, I mean an 18D turned PA looked me over and asked me what the F I did AFTER being trucked out of a field problem because my eyes were swollen shut and everything you touch with your hands was swollen and tender...

Last year I was again running around in the woods, because I am a slow learner, and was again exposed to something. My Dr recommended:

Cetirizine HCL 10mg and

Loratadine 10 mg

These two, taken in the AM with food, have worked wonders for me to PREVENT any reaction. I have been exposed and had virtually no reaction as I take them BEFORE being exposed. My Dr. advised me to avoid alcohol while taking it and to ensure I was drinking enough water. I also use cleaners and such to try and prevent getting the oils everywhere.

This may not be as cool as wound care and tampons but it helped me stay combat effective.