NeoMag

Freedom Forged

I bought a medium NeoMag for my spare G19 mag with high hope this was the solution I was looking for. I find my mag in the bottom of my pocket more than in the clip.

Anyone else have this issue? I heard great reviews on these but it's not working for me. Think I'm just gonna sell it.
FF

I carry one everyday and never have that problem. Maybe too much other stuff in there pushing the mag away from the magnet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use one every day with a G26 and G43. It's t he perfect way to conceal your reload. Keeps with profile low, but I always have a reload. Best part is it works with all 9mm mags. It's also bomb proof, I'm sold.

JHaddock07

Amateur
I bought a medium NeoMag for my spare G19 mag with high hope this was the solution I was looking for. I find my mag in the bottom of my pocket more than in the clip.

Anyone else have this issue? I heard great reviews on these but it's not working for me. Think I'm just gonna sell it.
FF

I've been carrying mine daily for almost 5 months now. I did find that it was slightly loose on my OEM G-19 magazine. However, a slight compression in a vice and the issue was fixed. Yes I ordered the correct size, it simply was not quite snug enough.

However, I did find that due to a lack of metallic liner in the Magpul equivalent magazine, that it was more prone to slipping loose in my pocket.

If you're carrying something other than a Glock as your carry gun, then I'm not sure what the issue could be although I'm relatively confident that the same remedy would apply to your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JHaddock07

Amateur
Mine is a G19 as well. I'll look into that mod. Thanks

No problem, just put the edges of the neomag (the edges that physically wrap around the magazine and are touching my thumb and middle finger in the photo) in a vice and very slightly compress them.

c06555d46d05bd26d7f1e279ed3de979.jpg

Freedom Forged

That makes sense. The magnet alone (for me) won't hold. Not sure what I do different than hundreds of thousands of other folks but as I mentioned it stays in the bottom of my pocket more than in the clip. I'll give this a try. Thanks Jordan.

JHaddock07

Amateur
That makes sense. The magnet alone (for me) won't hold. Not sure what I do different than hundreds of thousands of other folks but as I mentioned it stays in the bottom of my pocket more than in the clip. I'll give this a try. Thanks Jordan.

The magnet is only a part of the retention in this case because we aren't running full metal mags, although I tried a VP9 (metal bodied) magazine and there was a marginal increase in magnetism. In my uneducated opinion the friction created by clamping on the sides of the magazine body by those ledges are (near) equally important to the magnet itself.